• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tom attacks AMD openly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what a bigot. pfft, does anyone really even care about 64bit extensions right now? its the ownage in 32bit apps that make the A64 good today.

Thats disgraceful. Damn I thought that was a good site. Bunch of bias gits. AMD in April will begin to thrive and Intel have admitted AMD are taking the better road. If as Tom's is pretty much saying 32 bit is better and 64 is unnecessary then why is Intel going to change over early:rolleyes: ? Thery by no means have to if their processors are better.

What asses. That really is a disgusting article.:mad: :temper:

Last edited:
as if $#@ing with the latencies of AMD procs vs P4's wasn't bad enough, now the *** is being explicit.

...cojones and react positively, or retreat into the twilight world of their fan base, and embrace the very people who have the least influence on their future.

thanx a lot tom

If the company reverts to its usual act of self-pity at having to directly compete with Intel, it will get beaten up easily. If the company decides to do the whole bang for buck argument and go against Intel on the basis of its lower cost chips then, it will just be back to where it was at the tail end of 2002. Not good.

would you mind elaborating tom???

Intel can now dictate the pace, and maybe, here's the clincher, kill the market for everyone. Anyone consider that Intel's move is not a validation, but maybe the beginning of the end?

I'll have an ounce of what that guy is smoking thanx

w$%^&r

Most of Tom's reader base aren't really computer enthusiasts. Most their readers are just everyday computer users (albeit who aren't exactly computer illiterate either) who go there for the occasional printer round-up :burn:

glad i don't use tomshardware for anything, just some Intel fanboy jeleous that amd made 64-bit processing mainstream before intel

simple as that

what's funny is that no-one ever mentions the fact the intel's base money maker are idiots buying oem computers from dell/compaq/gateway/etc..., you know, mindless fools w/ zero knowledge about computers

don't get me wrong, intel chips are very good, but as we know, you can spend a helluva lot less w/ amd, and push it further than the EE(at stock of course)

plus you'll have fun doing it, meet a bunch of freaks at oc-forums.com, learn alot, and save cash

WOW, thats just down right offensive & rude.

There is nothing finer than raising the hackles of delusional AMD lovers. However, today I do so with a heavy heart. This is no time to take aim at the pompous, self-righteous head-in-the-sand-ostriches of the alternative chip lifestyle. One must embrace them, hug them and wipe away their tears.
I don't hate one CPU vs the other. I just prefer AMD. Not because of money or anything, (trust me I waste plenty on PC's) BUT that statement is down right offensive & just plain asking for a fight? Not something I would expect out of TH. I have went there less & less, somethings I found interesting here & there. But.......Now, I will never go there. Not because they dissed AMD, but because they dissed me for using AMD basically.

Couldn't agree more infact Tomshardware has often shown its outdated intelligence as far as comps are concerned. The only thing that its good for these days is comparing AMD k6-2s to the P2. and by the way AMD was first to 100fsb, go underdog go.

BartonBadBoy said:

I'll have an ounce of what that guy is smoking thanx

w$%^&r
no he's not.
he's gotta be hitting the pipe hardcore.
i wander how many intel tattoos hes got?

I know its not a case of AMD Vs Intel but I look at it this way, I have the choice of 2 horses for my wagon 1 horse is speedy but oftentimes lags under heavy workload the other horse is a gigantic monster of a horse, even though he doesnt have much getup he can shoulder 150% of the load... so even if his legs are cutoff he can still handle a good load. So which am I gonna pick? a speedy horse or a gigantic beast of a horse.... gimme the beast! the beast!

One must embrace them, hug them and wipe away their tears.

I didnt catch that earlier...the only thing I can say about that is...I have something for him to wipe...
moon.gif

Typical Tommy boy's propaganda. But this time he exposes his true stupidity. On second thoughts, maybe he's not too stupid if Intel pays him good.

Back