• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hacktool???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sentry

Registered
ok..ive been trying to remove what seemed to be two "simple trojan horses" infections, but ive kind of opened my self up to a few other viruses...

went from your normal trojan.bootconf- and another minor trojan horse. but after scanning with a legit NAV -- hacktool.keygem these files ..3 in all have been deleted, but somehow they still get noticed when i rescan (restore is off)...they dont seem to be restricting me from any processes but i cant ger rid of hte homepage which has been set as default (search-and-go.com or ####find4u .com)also it seems as if my keyloggs are being monitered... i went into regedit and modified a few of the values to my desired homepage,,,,but no luck..

ive scanned with trendmicro--didnt even notice the infected files, and norton..when the virus replicated itself--if thats what this virus has done,,, does it create extra values or does it just modify the ones that were already there..? has anyone else dealt with this virus,,,particularly the homepage screwup??? thx

Back