• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual cascade cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats nuts.

I would think its good for maybe some benchies and then its done for good. Im not saying this is bad or anything. Seeing people go to the extreme is cool. However I am curious what the chip looks like or if it can recover from such out of spec conditions.

Id love to have a keychain and have people say what happened? You go oh I just dropped it below 100C just to see how fast it could go.

I believe that the cold actually benefits the cpu's life span, unless you turn it off every day. The biggest life-span shortening factor is the voltage. Bowman on the Phase-Change.com forums is working on -150 Celsius right now.

That's friggin insane, what would a setup like that run you? Thousands wouldn't it? And he never said what kind of graphics card he was overclocking :p

The thing is still alive and kicking :D

During the last 3 months or so I've got some excellent overclocks with it. Here are some examples:

P4 2.4A @ 4.8GHz (CPU-Z)
P4 2.4A @ 4519MHz - SuperPi 8M - 5m 18sec
A64 3000+ 2GHz @ 3150MHz - SuperPi 8M - 5m 19sec
A64 3400+ 2.2GHz @ 3105MHz - SuperPi 8M - 5m 20sec
P4EE ES 3200MHz @ 4648MHz - SuperPi 1M - 28sec
ATI 9800SE All-In-Wonder => 660 core and over 29 000 in 3DMark2001SE
ATI 9800XT @ 657core and over 10 000 in 3DMark03....also Almost 31k in 3DMark2001SE

er dont cpus have a lower limit they operate at, sounds weird to me..

either way that guys never had sex in his life :p

You know that guy posted right above you don't you ? I know its obvious but for some reson thought you might not be that sharp. :p

There is a limit at which a CPU wouldn't work, can't renember what it is but its pretty low.

I think minus 200 is the optimum temperature.

TDF.

TheDogFather said:
You know that guy posted right above you don't you ? I know its obvious but for some reson thought you might not be that sharp. :p

or just because i dont suck up :p.

eitherway i stick to my sex fact, someone with that much time on their hands..... sounds alil dodgy to me :D

Jac_GT said:
THAT LOOKS like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it must be fast

:rolleyes: The guy hit around -100°C and all you have to say about it is that it doesn't look good?!? :rolleyes:

Good work Macci, I can only hope I will, one day, be able to do a setup as half as good as yours!

Prandtl said:

:rolleyes: The guy hit around -100°C and all you have to say about it is that it doesn't look good?!? :rolleyes:

no he said it must be fast too :p

and yea it looks horrid. that much condensation must be impossible to remove.

i understand how prommies counter it but i cant see how you counter the iceberg appearing.

either way pcs look is as much as its spec to me, taken me 6months plus a lack of income to finaly decide a layout for my case that wont have any taky mods.

Wow nive job now just put them in a nice bent sheet meatl case and u can use it on ur 24/7 ring (power bill allowing) or on ur benching rig or when u r benching. Yes it looks bad but normally u cant have the best of both worlds now can u?(if u think u can then u must be one of those middle men that think they can) But hey if it works run it

Stee said:
or just because i dont suck up :p.

eitherway i stick to my sex fact, someone with that much time on their hands..... sounds alil dodgy to me :D

Cut with the animosity buddy. It's guys like you...

BTW, CMOS transistors get faster as the temperatures drop. On the other end of the spectrum, Bi-polar components get slower as the temperatures drop becuase they are minority carriers not majority carriers (two oposing ways to dope silicon).

As long as your TIM's dont break down and your IHS's dont separate from the packaging, the temps will help CPU's, GPU's etc (they are made up almost entirely of CMOS components).

Anyways, thanks for stopping by. I like seeing all of the XS crew around.

bitter?

yea cuz i really want one of those in my room...

what is it with geeks and not understanding humour or sarcasm.

ah well, thats me told.. im off to cryin my room
(btw thats sarcasm) < for the geeks

Stee said:
bitter?

yea cuz i really want one of those in my room...

what is it with geeks and not understanding humour or sarcasm.

ah well, thats me told.. im off to cryin my room
(btw thats sarcasm) < for the geeks

please.....

:rolleyes:

Back