• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jetway 663AS Pro Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I have a Jetway 663AS Pro Motherboard w/ a Duron 650 Processor. All the L1 bridges are connected. I can adjust the Vcore and the FSB settings via the BIOS but I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the multiplier. I tried connecting bridges(shown on a website) but it didn't work and my PC didn't boot. After cursing, swearing and eventually fixing the problem, I am now puzzled. The multipier is currently at 6.5, but I'd like to get it up to 7 or pos 7.5
Any help appreciated, even if it is to reccomend a better motherboard (the KT7 and the A7V look good)

BUMP
My first post ever and still a problem :rolleyes:
'cept its a Tbird1100 now.

Maximus Nickus said:
I have that board! Well I used to use it until I got my Epox!

You will have to mod the chip to get a different multiplier, I used a stanley knife/magnifying glass/lamp to cut the bridges.

GO here for which bridges give which Multi http://www.ocinside.de

M_N

Woohoo!
Only 1 year and two months to get an answer :D
Thanks.

I tried modding the bridges, but I used a scalpel - it wouldn't sever the bridges properly.

Thanks for the help! I'll practice on my Duron and test it when my system has to be rebooted (going for uptime all weekend folding 24/7)

BE warned a LOT of force it required!!! And only go up 1/1.5 multi's at a time, else the system may noy boot as it can't handle the overclock.

If you need any help then ask! I'm probably the only guy here who has that board and a modified Ghz CPU!!!

M_N

Maximus Nickus said:
BE warned a LOT of force it required!!! And only go up 1/1.5 multi's at a time, else the system may noy boot as it can't handle the overclock.

If you need any help then ask! I'm probably the only guy here who has that board and a modified Ghz CPU!!!

M_N

K. Thanks - I'll give it a shot.

I use a VIA technologies 663AS Pro board, with an athlon 900. It has the award bios. If you go to frequency/voltage settings in the cmos, it allows you to increase the multipliers in there. I've got mine up to 112 (1008mhz) with the standard fan etc, and my idle temp is only 26, and with half an hour constant ust (not tried further) it only hit 38!

soulrefuge said:
I use a VIA technologies 663AS Pro board, with an athlon 900. It has the award bios. If you go to frequency/voltage settings in the cmos, it allows you to increase the multipliers in there. I've got mine up to 112 (1008mhz) with the standard fan etc, and my idle temp is only 26, and with half an hour constant ust (not tried further) it only hit 38!

That is the FSB. CPU speed is made up of FSB and multiplier. My Tbird will be:

11*100

at default. FSB affects the whole system - 106 is the highest that mine will go without crashing:

11*106 = 1166MHz

What I want to do is increase the multiplier:

12*100=1200MHz
12*106= 1272MHz

Have you tried the mod yet?
Oh and I found the same thing with this board and many others, they are awful at overclocking.
Its amazing how much faster (over 50% in my case:eek: ) a new board with DDR can be!

But the ol Jetways aren't dead yet...

Maximus Nickus said:
Have you tried the mod yet?
Oh and I found the same thing with this board and many others, they are awful at overclocking.
Its amazing how much faster (over 50% in my case:eek: ) a new board with DDR can be!

But the ol Jetways aren't dead yet...

I tried but I can't seem to hack through the bridges. I have set my Duron 650 AKAA at 750, but I can't get this b*tch of a HeatSink clip to come off :mad:

If I ever manage to try it I'll let you know how I get on. I a testing on my old Duron before I risk my ASHHA Thunderbird.

Back