• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is the best overclocking RAM to you?

• Micron (Including Crucial)

Votes: 297 12.9%
  • Kingmax

Votes: 55 2.4%
  • Corsair

Votes: 865 37.6%
  • Samsung

Votes: 200 8.7%
  • OCZ Technology

Votes: 234 10.2%
  • Kingston

Votes: 220 9.6%
  • Mushkin

Votes: 266 11.6%
  • Nanya

Votes: 8 0.3%
  • Infineon

Votes: 23 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 135 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Here's the poll you guys asked for. I couldn't get everything in there but the top names are there.

This includes DDR, SDRAM and RDRAM. I went specifically by manufacturer and not by type and for which type of subsytem...just not able to set up a poll of that sort.

Sorry I couldn't get all the brands in too. If it's not listed simply choose "Other" and then post your selection.

Crucial here for DDR, i think most would agree with me that these sticks are worth every penny. They have performed well time and time again, and are quite durable too (i'v hit it quite a few times). They're great overclokcers too, Usually this ram won't be the problem liming your overclock, or be the bottleneck on your performance. Im not sure on a temp for these though, i've never tested it, i would imagine it would be good, or they wouldn't overclock so well.

I would choose Crucial as of now as well, but I'm waiting for some Kingmax PC2700 to come in.

I'll make my decision after I give that stuff a run.

I picked Crucial. It's doing pretty good, I mean it even posted at 177fsb CAS2. It's stable, good preforming ram, but I'd like to get my hands on the Kingmax PC2700.

124 views and 17 votes.

Make it worthwhile people...you're the ones that wanted this!

Micron has been really good to me. Samsung didn't work on my Dual Asus board, and then it worked for a while and broke in my MSI board.

Jon said:
124 views and 17 votes.

Make it worthwhile people...you're the ones that wanted this!

18!

I wanted to vote for 'other"....couldn't bring myself to do it.:)

Well, KingMax PC2700 came in. I've already got a stick of Crucial running at 166MHz in my 8KHA+ so I didn't really think it would be worthwhile to put it in there. My Shuttle AK31A has a stick of Crucial in it as well, but I was only able to run it at 155MHz due to lack of voltage. 2.7V just has never been enough to get 160MHz+ out of Crucial for me.

Unplugged the Crucial and stuck in the KingMax, booted up and changed all memory timings to most aggressive as well as setting the FSB to the maximum of 166MHz. Rebooted and I'm happily running the Shuttle with an XP 1700 at 10X166MHz. SETI is very happy.

The other stick went over into the 8KHA+ so it now has two sticks of Crucial PC2100 (512MB total) running happily at 166MHz with no problems.

The KingMax did what it was supposed to do but the Crucial really amazes me. It gets my vote in the end. I'll see what more the KingMax can do at a later date.

160fsb@ max timings here on crucial, gotta love it. 2.8vdimm, for some reason i cant break 166, i can go like that but memtest generates like 2 errors in 10hrs, and thats too much for a folding machine! keep in mind the new crucial with the -75b chips isnt quite as good, but crucial is still over 25$ cheaper than corsair pc2400 and got 10 more mhz out of it than the corsair is rated at.

bang 4 the buck, crucial hands down, it got my vote
-Malakai

Some word on the new Intel chipsets.....don't use Samsung RAM.....(from a reliable source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back