• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CAS? Spread Spectrum? Latentcy? Mysterious BIOS settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I want to make this a sticky a while if you don't mind.

As many of these questions I see, it's deserving.

Thanks allot folunder.

I used to have that page in my favorites but a overclocking accident made me frinstall.

And congrats on the blue stars..well deserved from the little ive seen whyle reading the forum.

This is a definate must have. Thanks Flounder, I had lost the link. I have a printed copy from last year, but definately needed the updated version;)

sorry, but I think the link got moved again

I have always been curious about some of the memory settings in my bios('s). I guess they keep trying to hide the information. I am not trying to ask you to go a-hunting for the new link, but it is a sticky post, and I guess it is staying at the top of the list. I see that 577 people have been to it. So, more might come, I figure. I guess, if you know where the link is, you could update the post. If not, no biggie. Thanks.

I have asked about this on 2 different occasions on this board, thanks for the link!

Holy crap, lol, I finally found out what 'Bios Video Shadowing' is. That thing bugged me for eons.

Flounder thanx a lot man ;)

the revision 7 is out there

yipie the revision 7 is out there thanx ppz we need theze cinda revisions cos rookies ask so many dumb questions (like me ) that they get triked all the time.

(for example some guy asked why hes modem lights turn on of all the time and was afraid been hacked,damn how dumb one can be hes surfing talking with ppz on mirc and thinks net activity hacking, damn, so the guyz pulled off a moronic trick they saed him to push cntr alt del 2 times, damn, and so he did 3 times, and then he was like .... amm why my comp restarts :D doh and then there is more funn they told him to del a tree on c:\ to keep the hakcers away.no futher infomation about that guy :) )

So dont be fuled be cearfoul what u read !

But i hear ocs is good ram 333 mhz one (pc2700) wil go to 195 mhz stable so im thinking of buying that and abits kr7 raid for the top of 200mhz ram bandwith as i hear :).

Thanks A lot

Thank you Flonder No I can look up thoes Strange BIOS settings if i every feal the need to. You are DA MAN Thank you once agin.

You are a Great help to Newbes.

Hey Flounder,

As a newbe to this forum, and someone who is building their first rig thanks a million. I'm feeling more confident my rig going to turn out a-ok. This info is going to most helpful. Thanks again.:beer:

When I first posted this, I knew it would be helpful, but I cannot thank all of you enough for your kind comments! I hope that we can all find links like this one and share with each other here.

I personally would like to thank the author of this guide for producing a fantastic, comprehensive guide that is so useful to so many.

Thanks for the link... I knew a little about CAS settings, but just didn't have a complete grasp on it and that helped me out :) TY

Back