• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My sorry attempt at creating some T32 FMP av's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
I don't really know much about using Paint Shop Pro, and am giving it a try. Here are a couple that I have tried working with, just playing around with a couple of different gradients and the TF2 font.

T32FM.gif

T32FoldingMentor.gif

If any of the mentors are interested, feel free to use one. If anyone knows of any guides, feel free to point me in that direction as well.

Top one looks better,

What do you think of this one deadlysyn,

T32FoldingMentor.jpg

Looks good JS. I prefer the first one I posted as well. I'm just starting to try out different file formats, and am planning to try to make a few more a little later on today. Atleast after I get the 4 GB RAM and dual fans on my TRU-120 installed. I'm still trying to figure out the best approach to put them on.

Last edited:
newt32fmp.jpg

Here is another one I came up with. I am kinda starting to get the hang of this. Now if only I can find a good pic of a protein that already has some transparency, I have an idea for something with some curved text.

Edit: I may also redo this one with a text color or gradient with more contrast.

Good idea, try to make it transparent like you said. Kind of hard to read.

Its not so much the transparency that makes it hard to read, but the gradient blends in too much with the original image. I am going to attempt this same one again, but with a darker gradient, or atleast one that provides more contrast. I would have just erased all of the black, but the background eraser leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Nice work deadly and great idea! :)

I am going to stick with my "wrap around" avatar... maybe I'll come up with a new 100x100 image that speaks to the FMP... then I can use that in the border template.

a gif of the protein folding would be titts <-------- lol :D

dont make me bust out photoshop and my animation software (snaps fingers in a Z pattern) ..hahaha

a gif of the protein folding would be titts <-------- lol :D

dont make me bust out photoshop and my animation software (snaps fingers in a Z pattern) ..hahaha

If you got the skillz, I would love to see what you come up with. We just need to keep these at a size approved by the forum rules for avatars.

no special treatment ? not even for something like that ? we cant get a 20mb file to upload just once for an avy :D

ok well beings i know crap about the time it takes to fold .. what is the fastest time one could get it to complete from start to finish ?
after that i would need someone to send me a capture of it start to finish ..

depending how long it takes is the key though .. file would be way to large if it was a huge capture .. issue i have i my video card is ancient so when viewing it it looks like crap (unless its suppose to look like that .. like sray paint blotches ??? )

i do have a second idea also that might be cool ..

what about having -----> Team 32 look as if it were folded to solid .. start with random dots and end up as TEAM 32 ...

or am i just retarded :chair:

Last edited:
Back