• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build finally has begun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conumdrum

Due to a slow boat from Italy, my Banchetto tech station took a LOT longer to arrive.
Anyway, bit of specs then eye candy. Pics show all assembled ready to add water, thus the two funnels by the rads.
Giga Xtreme Mobo, using stock massive air HS on NB. The NB WB that came with it is proven to be crap, so I didn't use it.
i7 965 D0 Engineering Sample chip. Should overclock really well.
Corsair 1600 DDR3 ram
1000W Ultra PSU I really love the modular flat cables
BFG GTX 280 with a DD Tieton WB. Adding the second one after all is well, still using the air cooled one in the rig I'm typing on. Still gotta game, right?

Hard drive, old style floppy drive (old school I am), DVD drive. Sunbeam Reobus fan controller, one channel for each rad, one channel for HD cooling, another planned for the two 92 MM fans for top Mobo cooling.

CPU loop is a PA 120.3 with 3 Yate Loon mediums and a shroud, DDC3.2 and a XSPC restop. GTZ CPU WB. Primochill 1/2 3/4 tubing.

GPU loop is a XSPC 320 with 3 Yate Loon mediums DDC3.2 and a XSPC restop. DD Tieton WB on a BFG GTX 280. Primochill 1/2 3/4 tubing.

On to pics.
Banchettofront.jpg
Banchettoleft.jpg
Banchettoleftback.jpg
Banchettoback-1.jpg

Yep, it sure does Axis. Why I like a tech station. No limits on room. It's designed for a 120.3 out the back horizontal, but the holes work fine for what I did. It's a pretty tech station and solid built.

One thing. Man it's heavy as heck now, was light when it came outta the box.

Bleeding bubbles, no leaks in the last hour. The GPU loop has such high flow I'm having to pinch the hose a lot to get the bubbles out. It's one common problem with this restop, bubbles get sucked right back into the loop sonce the in tube is so close to the pump inlet in the res. Could also be the rad design on the XSPC, it's not a flat top like the TC rad. Going fine tho, I had read about it and know what to do.

Tomorrow I'll apply power to the Mobo, hope no Mobo etc RMA issues, or CPU issues.

Water fill/leak test went fine last night/today. Got all the fans and pumps hooked up, ran them for hours today on my old seperate PSU. Just now I booted it up, Mobo went all the way to FF, no errors. Then shut it off. Still gotta plug in a monitor KB/mouse and see what I get. Thats tomorrow, I'm on nights for a month.

Very nice! I looked at that tech station last week before I settled on my extended ascension. I just didn't have the amount of imagination you do to make 2 loops work and I opted for the easy way out.

I love my floppy too...lol Too bad my EVGA board doesn't have a floppy port:(

Looking really nice there, Bud!
Dig the dual color/dual loop thing.

Being a picker of knit as you are, I'm surprised you hadn't washed that set of fan filters before installing them though. ;)

One question...

wasn't it you who told me two GTX 285's on a single triple rad was a pipe dream? Or are you fine with a 10 degree delta?

It sure wasn't. Find the link to the post thread for me.

And sure I'm fine with a 10C Delta T, they are just GPU's. They will prolly load near 50-55C, way fine.

Is that the engine out of Knight Rider?
#Laughs#

Amazing... its right good :clap:

Looks like a mobile science lab :D

hows it sounding? V8 or in the back of a Limo...

Warning, stupid question incoming!

Could you possibly explain to me how you hooked all the fans on one radiator up to one knob of your rheobus? I have a rheobus being shipped to me right now (the same as yours actually) but I couldn't decide if I should solder the fans together or attempt to use a cable splitter. I haven't been able to find any three way cable splitters locally but I was thinking I could use two two way splitters, but in all honesty soldering sounds easier. This is all coming from a wiring idiot, so please be easy on me hah!

That tech station looks sweet... Its a pretty (bad pun incoming) RAD setup... (I deserve a slap for that). I assume the funnels are gonna be taken off and the lines plugged?

I couldn't decide if I should solder the fans together or attempt to use a cable splitter.

If you dont mind soldering I would go that way. Using splitters would add a lot of wire. And to my way of thinking.. the less wire you have to find a way to hide.. the better.

The only reason I wouldn't solder the fans is if you plan to use them on another application later.

Looks awesome conundrum! I have recently fallen in love with these tech stations...I want one. Like you said so eloquently, there are no limits on space. Can't wait to here how it benches & games. I am looking at doing this same "type" of set-up at the end of the year. By the way, you helped another guy in a thread titled "Asking for watercooling advice" not only did you help him, but got me the homework I need to research before I step into the WC ring, so thank you. Everything I need to know and anyone else needs to know about WC! Good luck with your build. I just had a BSOD mobo, after a few hours putting it into the stinkin case! :bang head: Cheers!

Joe

Back