• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EX58-UD5 EnergySaver and Easytune6 doesn't work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dim1014

I just built the system in my sig and installed the official F3 bios update. Then I installed my OS and started doing updates, etc. I was able to install all of the chipset drivers for the board but when installing the energysaver or easytune6 software( I haven't tried to install or run any of the other software) from either the disc or the website, they don't start up and give a really vague "not responding" error. I have vista ultimate 64. any idea why these don't work?

Re-boot and up your VTT a bit, and see if ET6 will then load.

Don't ask me why, but that made it work for me with Vista 64 :shrug:

Edit: By a bit, set it to 1.34

even if it's stock? also, i manually set my ram timings in the bios but the voltage stayed set to 1.5 and it seems to work, should I up it anyway?

okay i upped it to 1.34 and it didn't work, same error.
errors when starting ET6 (both also occur upon system startup)
"GUI MFC Application has stopped working"
then after closing that window I get
"Windows sockets initialization failed"

when trying to start energysaver the error is that it is not compataible with my current BIOS (which doesn't make sense)

I've never tried energysaver, I'll install it later tonight and see what it does with my Vista install.

I've seen over at XS some have issue getting ET6 working with Vista 64, and then others (like me) don't.
I'm really not sure whats going on there.

okay let me know what happens. i hope my motherboard isn't defective or something :( do you use any other utilities that came with it? are there any other useful one other than ET6?

yeah keep us apdated guys. I have already bought V64 ultimate and I am set on Giga board so it's the last thing I want to hear :(

The worst part is if I leave ET6 installed I get a bunch of errors when my computer starts up because I think it's trying to run it.

Also, the gigabyte website is garbage :( it's very slow and I can't even get to the download center, it just takes too long to load.

Very solid board with support problems mostly.

Just talked to tech rep at GIGABYTE. He was trying to talk me into that "oh, they overclocked so it doesn't work now" theory. You might wanna call them and describe that issue in details. The faster it is reported, the faster it will be resolved.
1-626-854-9338

Thanks Deanzo, I'll ty installing that one now. I had the 11/13 one previously I think.. that was the latest one I could find on the website oddly enough. If that doesn't work, I will call the number you posted drogos, thanks!

Can you try again, but this time with the VTT at 1.54 ?

Just trying to test something out, my first 940 needed lots of VTT to be stable. My 2nd doesn't. Same board and ram.

Edit: the ET6 I linked to, is the one I use with Vista 64

Deanzo the ET6 version you linked me to is the november 13th one which is the exact one I've been using (not the 18th). I'll try upping the VTT to 1.54, be back in a few

okay, vtt is now 1.54, freshly installed ET6 from your link still doesn't work :( I guess I'll call the number.

Well that sucks, When I can (may not be this week) I'll install Vista on another drive and take a better note of the error I get when I first try and run ET6.
It's happened both times I've installed it, but re-booting with higher VTT seemed to fix it :shrug:

I tried calling the gigabyte number but i was on hold listening to advertisements for a while, I guess I'll try calling them again tomorrow. Deanzo, thanks. Let's see if you get the same one as me.

from a different forum:
"After searching,mostly problem occurs on ATI driver.
Try this fix:
Open a command prompt as an admin and enter the following pressing the enter key after each line:

net stop winmgmt
DEL C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository\*.*

Now reboot and let the system idle for a few minutes. There will be a couple of WMI warnings in the event log, but thats alright for the moment. Reboot one more time and the error and warning will be resolved."
original link here:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-...a-x64-easytune-energy-saver-28726/index2.html

yeah tried that and it didn't work. those errors never acme up upon first reboot. also, i have an nvidia card.

Back