• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with FEAR (directors cut) and Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

I know it's an older game, but I'm familiar with it and wanted to see if there are any benefits with running in Vista and 4 gig of ram.
While playing for a few minutes, a drop in fps.
Ran the "test" in the game. Started out normal. Ran it again, drop in fps to 22 fps average. Ran it again, same thing, 21 fps average.
Exited the game. Tried again. Same thing.
Tried different catz. No solution.
Reinstalled Vista 64. Same thing.
Kicked up the voltage in the nb, ram, and cpu. Made some changes in the ram timings, no help.
This happened with both versions of Vista, 32 and 64.
Maybe just not play it on Vista?

ive never had a problem with any of the FEAR games on vista with a lesser set up than yours.

i do have problems sometimes when i try to play a game straight from installing it where it gives low fps but a reboot of the system fixes it everytime, so i suggest that, if you havent already. dunno why it happens but it does!

It's strange.
Might have something to do with the dual gpu?
I don't have any problem in XP and FEAR.
Maybe it'll clear up with the 8.12 catz :shrug:

il install fear on my computer tonight and see if i have that issue... i havnt tried it yet with my x2... il post back later....

ok.... i set everything to max and i only averaged 41fps... thats not right, i used to average over 100fps on my old 8800GTX SLI setup... hmmm... im downloading the fear update now to see if that helps...

well that was a big waste of time!! after downloading the uber big update, it said "You must download the correct version" (which i did) then it just closed... *sigh* il try and download an external update and see if that helps... if not might just have to wair for the 8.12's!!

Back