• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD phenom II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea I'm still waiting on the retail 940's to start showing face...

Still no word from the Retailer. Going to be talking to them later today. If no results, I'm going to have to cancle my pre-order :(

So I haven't been paying much attention to Phenom 2 stuff, are they really seriously calling the thing the '920' even after i7's launch??

Well I just got off the phone with the company and they said it should be shipped tomorrow :D I should see it by the end of this week.

Bad news: I head back to school by Sunday. So my time for playing with the CPU will be limited this weekend. Hopefully I'll be done playing with it next week.

So I haven't been paying much attention to Phenom 2 stuff, are they really seriously calling the thing the '920' even after i7's launch??

Yes. The models are the 920 and 940. The 940 is a BE/unlocked. the AM3 models will end in "5" to differentiate them.

GL on getting ahold of your cpu Dolk

Yea the 920 and 940 should be showing really soon its the 945 and other AM3 cpu's that we want see till april AFAIK

So 920 will not be unlocked right? Guess there's no point in be buying one then.

A 790GX just arrived for review and I have nothing to put in it yet :(

Guess I could go ahead and get it prepped for LN2 though :D

So 920 will not be unlocked right? Guess there's no point in be buying one then.

A 790GX just arrived for review and I have nothing to put in it yet :(

Guess I could go ahead and get it prepped for LN2 though :D

This guy: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213221 seemed to get his pretty high with a locked multiplier given his cooling. But since you are going extreme with LN2, the unlocked version would give you a greater freedom with overclocking.

Do Intel processors have any problem with QPI speed, FSB speed, or NB speed, on i7? Also does Intel have any unlocked multiplier processors? I haven't dealt with an Intel processor since Pentium 4 days so I have no idea.

I think the 965 I7 is unlocked. but it's a grand also

I saw the XS user with the 920 results and those are nice for a locked multi

Not sure about intel I have a p35 board and q9450 but I don't play with it much as it just folds...

even if we call it a PII that's still a intel part :D

Rofls the truth. We should come up with a better name scheme. How about PheII, Das God Chip 940/920, TheAMDnotIntel PII, AMD>Intel II 940.

Hmm maybe taking more than 30 secs to think about this will create better results. If only I had an algorithim for this mess.

You know the funniest thing about this was I found it while searching for an avatar for Phenom II.

BTW, we still need to come up with a good name for the Phenom II. I like Das God Chip.

Also can I get my title to reflect my Avatar.

Back