• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit P35-E & E8400 won't work ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timhuynh

I got an Abit P35-E and just bought my E8400. it won't boot. it powers on and off constantly and won't boot. does anyone knows why ? or this board is just not work for E8400 ? thanks in advance

Actually that setup was my second ever build. You need to flash the bios to version 17? It's been a while since I did that on mine.

I got an Abit P35-E and just bought my E8400. it won't boot. it powers on and off constantly and won't boot. does anyone knows why ? or this board is just not work for E8400 ? thanks in advance

Sounds like a short. I would check for bare wires. And may be a bad power button.

Sounds like a short. I would check for bare wires. And may be a bad power button.

45nm chip is the problem.

it won't boot how am I going update bios :(

As far as I know, you'll need a 65nm chip to boot and get the bios flash you need to make the 45nm recognizable by the board. I had the exact same issue with my Abit IP35-E but fortunately, I had an E2180 at the time to boot with. Don't sell it short, this is a great little board and once you get it running, you'll have loads of fun with that setup.

To tell you the truth, I've never been any good at flashing a bios, someone here should be able to jump in with a better solution than I was just able to provide. I wish I could be more help, but this just isn't my forte' :shrug:

thanks OldSkool, that was help, and I don't have a 65nm chip to boot to get the new bios flash for a 45nm chip :(, tough luck for me :( and any recommendation for a good budget board works for E8500 ? thanks

you can go to Abit RMA and they will send you just a bios chip w/ the most recent bios on it. I did it a couple weeks ago and got the chip in a week.

Edit, heres the email addy and a copy of my email,

[email protected]

Hello,

I talked to a person on the phone and he said all I have to do is give my address and Abit will mail me a new bios chip.

Abit IP35 Pro

***** ******, MN *****

(***) ***-****

If there is any questions please feel free to contact me at the phone number listed above.

Ty

thanks OldSkool, that was help, and I don't have a 65nm chip to boot to get the new bios flash for a 45nm chip :(, tough luck for me :( and any recommendation for a good budget board works for E8500 ? thanks

I'd say just get a cheap E2180, they can be had for $50-$70 and make a great backup chip. Heck I've even been craving a new E2180 for myself, they are a really fun chip and perform great. If you decide to, you can also sell it after you are done with it.

thanks, I will post an update and I just request a bios chip through Abit as WiSH2oo0 was told, hopefully Abit can send me once :) else some how I need to get a 65nm chip to update this baby bios :)

Are you sure your heatsink is properly seated, and you have both power cables plugged into the motherboard? I had a IP35-E as well, and the Wolfdale chips work with BIOS 12 and up so I seriously doubt BIOS incompatibility is the issue here.

I think it has nothing to do with BIOS as ghost_recon88 already mentioned. I had mine IP35 Pro with BIOS ver. 14 and it did work (apart from wrong temp. showing and lack of SSE4 recognition). You NEED to connect both power plugs onto mainboard. Please check again if You plugged that Power cable properly.

yes the heatsink was properly seated and both cables plug on board, I need the new bios updated is needed to comparable with a 45nm chip?

Contrary to what these guys are saying, with respect to G.R. and Remedy, I needed a bios update to get my first E8400 to boot on my Abit IP35-E.

+1 for the BIOS update, I had the same problem with an E7200 on one of my Abit IP35-E
boards.

Take wish2000's advice and have Abit send you a new BIOS chip.

I contacted abit bios chip for my E8400 as wish2000 advice though email, but got no response :( is anyone got abit rma service work phone number ? thanks

here is what I got response from Abit when request for bios chip
" This bios chip for the IP35-E is available online at our website at www.uabit.com and by selecting this icon " Where To Buy" from the toolbar you could purchase one for only $6.00 each. Although our link with paypal is not yet restored and payment is available only by sending us a check or money order.

This comes to total of $8.00 for parts and flat rate postage to mail it to you. Due to our paypal account is currently still down, we will waive off the $9.95 ship&handling charges. Just email us your current mailing address and information regards to the parts you intend to buy online, and we will forward that parts request to our parts department if ever you decided to buy one. "

Back