• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4870x2 bios issues???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
OK here is the lowdown... i tried and failed to update my bios a few days ago so i bought a new bios chip with the most recent version of the bios for my rig (details in sig) so today i slapped in the new chip, powered her up and hurrah!! Blank screen.... :bang head

My motherboard led readout reads "7F" after about an hour of scouring the forums and google iv narrowed it down to the graphics card... iv read some people saying that the graphics card isnt recieving enough power (personally i dont believe that because nothing has changed and it was working fine before the bios change) and iv read in one place but cant find much else on it, saying that there is compatibility issues with the new bios and the 4870x2... can any smart boffin here shed some light on this? im pretty sure i have an old 6800gt cuting about my house so il slap that in and see what happens....

Back