• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Install Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

What did I do wrong? I followed the guide for Vista. I get this every time no matter what....

[22:32:45] + Working ...
[22:32:45] - Calling 'mpiexec -np 4 -channel auto -env MPICH_USE_SMP_OPTIMIZATIONS 1 -host 127.0.0.1 FahCore_a1.exe -dir work/ -suffix 01 -checkpoint 3 -forceasm -verbose -lifeline 2788 -version 622'

[22:32:50] CoreStatus = C0000135 (-1073741515)
[22:32:50] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000135
[22:32:50] This is a sign of more serious problems, shutting down.

No one wants to help? I guess this machine doesn't get to fold for T32.

:(

Patience Master Jedi... unfortunately I have no Vista and thus no great advice to give you.

But that doesn't mean I don't have mediocre advice to give you. :D

Is that the MPICH or Deino install? The only reason I ask is that I've seen someone else with a Deino install that was calling "MPICH_USE_SMP_OPTIMIZATIONS" as I see that client doing.

Did you have SMP v5.91 installed previously? Maybe the MPICH engine didn't get removed?

I just solved that same error tonight.

Delete the contents of the folding smp client directory (was using the old 5.91 client). I wasn't able to delete smpd.exe because it was in use.

Install the new 6.22 vista smp client (MPICH version). Run "install.bat" and enter the user account/password.

Create a shortcut to [email protected] and add your flags (I use "-smp -verbosity 9 -forceasm").

Run the shortcut and answer the config questions to create a new "client.cfg" and it should start folding again.

Patience Master Jedi... unfortunately I have no Vista and thus no great advice to give you.

But that doesn't mean I don't have mediocre advice to give you. :D

Is that the MPICH or Deino install? The only reason I ask is that I've seen someone else with a Deino install that was calling "MPICH_USE_SMP_OPTIMIZATIONS" as I see that client doing.

Did you have SMP v5.91 installed previously? Maybe the MPICH engine didn't get removed?

No. Fresh install. There was only 1 install option.

I just solved that same error tonight.

Delete the contents of the folding smp client directory (was using the old 5.91 client). I wasn't able to delete smpd.exe because it was in use.

Install the new 6.22 vista smp client (MPICH version). Run "install.bat" and enter the user account/password.

Create a shortcut to [email protected] and add your flags (I use "-smp -verbosity 9 -forceasm").

Run the shortcut and answer the config questions to create a new "client.cfg" and it should start folding again.

Tried all that. MPI "said it was working" "said it was working"

@fishy - did you ever find a resolution to this? If so, can you please post it up. :)

I had the same error with an XP SMP install. I wound up blowing away everything - including uninstalling the Deimos SMP app, and starting from scratch with the FAH installer. Dunno what happened in the first place.

@ fishy Go into Services and stop smpd.exe then you should be able to uninstall it ,, this is what I had to do when I Upgraded the client.

Then reboot system before you install again.

Back