• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI NX8800GT 512M OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Got this new card on the way. My Evga 8800GTS 640 (sig) will be going to a new home, so i decided to get something a tidbit newer/better/modern. I really wanted a new GTS version, but the funds just doesn't reach :-/

I'm sure i'll be happy with it. I gave up the benching thing a long time ago, so numbers to me don't mean crap. I like to see the results first hand in my face as I game :)

I'm liking the default clocks of 660/1900 already :D Gotta luv that cooler too!

lol that was out of nowhere. Anywho, nice impulse buy there, definetly the best looking cooler on any of the 8800GT/GTS/9800GTX cards I've seen, good price too.

lol, yeah :rolleyes:

I've read up some reviews and they all like the card. Scales up really nice and stays alot cooler, plus it's relatively quiet. Soon's i get it I'll put it thru it's paces . I can't wait ;)

I just realized it's the same pcb color as my board :eek:. lol

Congrats. But please dont make these pointless threads.

Huh? Ok...Someone got a new card and is going to post his OC results (right?) for comparison to other OCs, can't really see how thats "pointless".

Is the PCB red like in the picture? And I always wondered how the factory OCed cards will overclock normally compaired to the stock cards (do they give it extra voltage to be on the safe side or do they leave it at stock?)

Well, just to make this particular thread none-pointless, I'll post up ocing results, benchmarks, temps :p

The manufacturers edit the bios with higher clock speeds & voltages, so that's how they come from the factory :)

And yes, the pcb on the card is red and my board is also red, lmao.

Mobo Linky

on a side note; I'll be keeping my eyes on this necrokiller person...

I take it back if I offended anyone here. I wasnt being rude. Im not against anyone here. But where did he mention that he WILL POST results for comparison or something? (in his first post) I go to alot of forums and just stating that 'I bought a card and it was an impulse buy, im very happy' would be rather considered very pointless on any forums. Im not flaming anyone. These have to be one of the very few forums that I log onto everyday. I have really started to like these forums. I can learn about just anything here and I try my best to help ppl and get answers to my problems too.

My XFX 8800GT runs pretty hot on stock cooling. Looking forward to the results. :D

I take it back if I offended anyone here. I wasnt being rude. Im not against anyone here. But where did he mention that he WILL POST results for comparison or something? (in his first post) I go to alot of forums and just stating that 'I bought a card and it was an impulse buy, im very happy' would be rather considered very pointless on any forums. Im not flaming anyone. These have to be one of the very few forums that I log onto everyday. I have really started to like these forums. I can learn about just anything here and I try my best to help ppl and get answers to my problems too.

My XFX 8800GT runs pretty hot on stock cooling. Looking forward to the results. :D

Apology accepted :)

We're pretty laid back here, but we do have rules. I'm also at fault as I should've added I'll post results as far as overclocking speeds vs stock, temps and benchmarks.

Usually the results come afterwards which is pretty self explanitory. i would'nt just leave a thread like this hanging without results. I've been here quite a while and I know everyone here is looking forward to them :D

I was pretty tempted to get that MSI card a while back. Looks like a spiffy cooler. Hope your card works fine when you get it. :D

I know, 2 things that sold me was the clock speeds and that cooler. I'll definately post results! :)

No problem - even if the thread starts out a bit light on the OCing side it often shifts more into the overclocking/performance discussion. If in future you ever find a thread seems pointless/spam/whatever feel free to use the report post function.

ban him, guys got attitude

oh-the-ironing.jpg

Also: No.

Just to add:

Given the crap MSI barebones we used to sell at my company a few years back, I always swore to never use their products. I recently bit the bullet, though, and picked up an MSI 8800GTS 512 OC and couldn't be happier. It clocks like mad compared to the EVGA 8800GT SC it replaced and seems to be doing just fine in games.

:thup: to MSI....

Nebulous, just a heads up: I'm 1 for 2 in regards to open box video cards at newegg lately. The one I had to send back was the same MSI 8800GT OC. Make sure you test it thouroughly before the 14-day rma period expires.

Back