• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winter Warz 2008 official winners - OC Forums!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

The Raptor Pit has posted the final results of the Winter Warz Competition, and we've done it. This is the second year in a row, we won! Please offer your congratulations your fellow OC Forums brothers for all the hard work, late nights, and dead hardware (RIP) :beer:

You can view the official scores here: http://www.theraptorpit.com/Winter_Warz_2008.htm

Well done Team,

Another kick @SS performance!!

:thup::clap::thup::clap::thup::clap:

For anyone that doesn't know how it works.
Each Forum has five sub teams made up of 4 players (A - E) 20 players per team.

Each sub team goes head to head with the same sub teams from each forum.
That sub team gets ranking points to how well they did.
1st = 1 point, 2nd = 2 points, 3rd = 3 points etc etc etc.
Then the points are added up from all the sub teams and whatever forum has the lowest total wins.

So there is some strategy to it.
Little point to have all your best hardware on one sub team, as you may well win that sub team, but come last in the others. So your total points could be higher (note, lower is better) so you need to plan out your teams and think about how the other forums may set theirs.

After that, bench it till it blows!!

Edit: For The Record.

A Team: 1st Place
B Team: 1st Place
C Team: 1st Place
D Team: 2nd Place
E Team: 2nd Place

Overall: 1st Place (Total Points 7-3= 4)

We also took out the,

Slacker class: 1st Place
And Top score from a Player: 509345

Last edited:
overall.jpg

Great job guys!

My first FW and I had a blast! Glad I participated!

Everyone kicked butt across the board!

Now......as mentioned before we need to start badgering Thid for some new FW08 Winner avatars....I been eyeballin' those 2007 ones for awhile now :D :D :D

(PS - Can we officially get rid of our Wombles now? LOL)

I've gotta get my rig together in time for next year :) Nice work everyone!!

Great benching every one:beer::beer:, this was my 1st FW as well and I'm hooked...out there recruiting already for the Sept warz :)

I still don't think my score for Team C was included. Great that team won regardless.

Great job people.

Awesome job everyone!!! With this being my first FW I can say I'm hooked. Also thanks to everyone that helped me push my rig to 4.5Ghz. Can't wait for the Sept. Warz and hopefully Maryland will have a cold spell then.:D

Congrats again everyone! Wasn't this a summer FW or do I keep missing things? I am almost afraid to make a point to officially enter the next one as I just might jinx your streak :beer:

WTG OCF Bench Team!

Back