• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RocketFish Case modding thread/Ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moho

I wanna title tooo !
I thought id post a thread,
seeing there is so many people buying these cases.
there is so much room inside this case, i was actually thinking i would try to disassemble my Xbox360 and mount/cool it in there as well as my PC ;)

I havent actually "modded" mine yet, but i will once I get my watercooling items.

Reaper memory, 8800GTS, 500G hdd,audigy platinum EX, neoHE 550w AS5'd mosfets and IC diamonded northbridge.
I had a spare E2180 i got to 2.8GHZ in there with little VC change, it kept under 50C load too :)
Anyway, here is a pic of mine so far, still pretty bare, because i am waiting on a Cheap Q6600:

P3240018.jpg
I changed out the 120's with some spare Sanyo Denki 109R1212H1011 fans i had been saving.

Post up with what you did/plan to do with your LianLi Rocketfish :burn:

I already changed out all of the stock fans with the Zalman ZM-F3 fans which I picked up for $8.00 each at a local shop, I did cut a blow hole in the side panel to feed some air to my NV120 cooler and used one of the stock fans in said blow hole because they are quite.

I am going to get a black fan grill because the chrome just dosent fit the look I want.

My rig is here.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=528336&page=8

edit: spelling

I yanked the fans for some enermax UC-FAB12's I had lying around. Removed the PCI fan completely. Might put it back in if I get a hot Video card

Considering a blow hole on the top for a 120mm but I'm intrigued with the idea of just mounting one in the CD drive bay.

Wonder if anyone makes a fan mount you can put in a 5 1/4 inch drive bay?

I yanked the fans for some enermax UC-FAB12's I had lying around. Removed the PCI fan completely. Might put it back in if I get a hot Video card

Considering a blow hole on the top for a 120mm but I'm intrigued with the idea of just mounting one in the CD drive bay.

use fishing line. Looks like its hovering there, its strong and it doesnt impede airflow ;)

It is called a 5.25->3.5 converter plus a drill :)

Picture020.jpg

Yes, but the people who like to touch their case or even walk by it don't want theirs fans falling over.

It takes quite a bit of effort to get it in there, and it's staying in there :santa:

I'll see if I have more fishing line though.

Anyone know what the top rear grill area dimensions are?

Looking at it, it looks like you could mount a few 60mm fans there with a bit of tweaking but I am not sure.

I have 5 or 6 server grade 60mm fans that I stripped from an old HP server that I am debating mounting there.

My plans so far for the case are:

120mm blowhole (possibly 92 instead)
60mm fans on top rear (if they fit)
Possibly replace the power button with a vandal switch
adapt a Delta 120mm in place of the PCI card 120mm fan.
Possibly install an intake duct for the CPU fan so it doesnt just blow around warmer air.

Back