• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mass borg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I have a quick question. I am going to be running F@H on a test batch of 273 machines here at work to check the load on the machines and cost. If all goes well, I will be doing the same on ~300 more in the next few months. They are core 2 duo running @ 2.0 and will only be running folding on one core. anyway, I was wondering if you guys could help me with a way to get the service running on this test batch without having to manually log onto all of them and run it. I want to be able to plug a script into the startup folder to run a .reg and then delete itself. any ideas.

If this works out like I want it, then the installer will be added to the image of all new machines. :)

I am working on autoit script now to get it working. But I would love some help as I am just blindly stumbling through the process.

Sweet holy heck That would be awesome!

I have no first hand knowledge to help you out, but I am sure one of the other farm folks can help you out. Thanks and WTF!!!!

What you need is a script to run the Wedo single core one click. I don't know how to do that, but it's a good starting point since it is an automated service install. You just have to edit the client.cfg to your user name and if you want an accurate count of WUs completed on a machine, edit local to zero. Use notepad to edit it.

What massive PPD you will get! I wish you luck getting that installer to work. I don't know code so I can't help out too much. I have friends that do so I'll ask if they know any resources.

I have the permission to do this, yes. I am testing on these machines to see the power and network consumption. If it is not to bad, then more will come. I am a systems analyst at my work and am in real good with the engineering dept. We do lots of things here that most large corporations would "frown upon". :beer: We have a pub next to my office. literally, in the next office we converted it to a pub with three taps, a pool table, foose ball table, and tvs.

I love my work.

I have the permission to do this, yes. I am testing on these machines to see the power and network consumption. If it is not to bad, then more will come. I am a systems analyst at my work and am in real good with the engineering dept. We do lots of things here that most large corporations would "frown upon". :beer: We have a pub next to my office. literally, in the next office we converted it to a pub with three taps, a pool table, foose ball table, and tvs.

I love my work.

Holy hell.. Get me a job there :)

I am working on autoit script now to get it working. But I would love some help as I am just blindly stumbling through the process.

Don't know anything about Autoit but let me have a look at it and I'll get back with ya. :)

As bad as that news may be for my team, I wish you all the best in the pursuit of cures! Hope it all works out for you.

Cheers!

Newbie1Kenobi.gif

ok, let me give some info on how the first batch needs to be deployed. I am looking to make a script that installs the one click service installer with my config file. Then it needs to delete itself after running. I don't need it to run but one time. after he trial run is complete, I may end up just adding it to the image and pushing it out to all non mission critical machines. We will see.

well as I leave for the day, I have been just manually installing one at a time until I get the script to do what I need it to do. so far, 8 machines should be putting out WUs by tues afternoon.

well as I leave for the day, I have been just manually installing one at a time until I get the script to do what I need it to do. so far, 8 machines should be putting out WUs by tues afternoon.

That's just great :) I really hope you find a solution with the script. That much extra power would be awesome! :)

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Go Woods Go!

:beer:

I really wish I can help you install stuff myself!

I sent an email to my Code-Monkey Friends (who work in IBM), lets see if they can help!

For something with this importance, we can certainly get something done to assist you.

First thing is, I'd say that our job is to *make* FAH fit into the profile of usage, power and heat increase, and bandwidth, that your workplace would be fine with.

That can be done with the advanced options. Default is 100% of the core's cycles are made available to FAH, if not being otherwise used. That 100% can be lowered to 1) Make the rig use less power and produce less heat while folding, 2) decrease the fan noise of the rig in question, and 3) make the rig more immediately responsive to other processes.

I have used this on a few machines that simply screamed bloody murder when running FAH at 100%, and the 75% - 80% settings is a real gift.

You have the right client chosen, imo, and the default install should be the best, other than the above. That will limit your bandwidth.

I program, but know zip about "scripts". I'll read up on that. Any problems, please let us know.

Opportunities like this are too good and too rare not to take full advantage of.

old sys analyst here too:beer: hope you get the good data to get them all running !

your problum sounds as simple as an SMS push good luck !!

Back