• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #79

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 79th in the series of T32 Spotlights!!

NOTE: For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

This member isn't very active in the forum; however, his folding powah is more than enough to put him well into the Top 10 ppd spot!!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

visionco
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
Joined in Jan of 2008 but have been a reader since 2004.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
Quit smoking on Jan 5th 2008 and still smoke free.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I live in Lisle, IL 25 miles west of Chicago.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I heard it from a friend that is an OC member.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
It is actally a chalenge to keep the rigs going and pushing more WU's for Stanford.

What do you do for a living?
I am a Technology Director and a small business owner.

What do you do for fun?
Spend time with the kids snowboarding, fishing, and racing cars.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Road rally racing in my 97 Eclipse and also fishing with my 2 sons.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
C2D E6600, Abit AW9d Max, 2x1gb crucial Balistxs, 2x76gb Raptors, 8800GTX all water cooled. This is my gaming rig/office pc/accounting rig and well it is running smooth @3.6ghz with a load temp of 41C.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
I have a small farm at home that consist of 3 Q6600 with 2gb ram overclicked to 3.6ghz on air, 2 E4500 with 2gb ram overclocked to 2.95ghz on air. Also I have 5 E4500 @2.5ghz and about 30 P4 systems folding the console client.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
I want to quit my full time job and do my business full time basicly be my own boss and spend more time with the family.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
It does not matter how many GHZ you have folding but what does matter is that you are folding and adding to the cause. On a side note my wife thinks I am nuts for doing this but she supports me in my quest of folding.

My rig pics are here and a picture of me is here and other car pictures.

Thanks Gary for taking the time to interview me and hopefully I can contribute to the cause for a long time to come.

Cheers

Rich

Thank you for the spotlight.

It's true I do not post a lot because I am one of those silent bu deadly users. But I can assure you that I am there and working hard.

Cheers

Nice to meet you visionco... :beer: You remind me of a friend of mine who likes to take apart his Eagle Talon. :D I'm sure you two would get along famously. :)

Woot, good to meet you! :attn:

And yay for the racing, but boo on the FWD. :p (Not that I can talk, I'm driving an FWD pig at the moment)

Not to burst your bubble but my daily driver was a FWD, my racing beast is an AWD and let me tell you 0 to 60 mph in 3.2sec is a whole new world of whiplash :) not to mention a 4 car jump on any RWD or FWD car that is next to me on the street.

Now I have changed to a Subaru Outback AWD for my daily driver. The eclipse FWD just did not cut it on lots of storage of PC's in the back.

Good to meet you!

Dude I think you broke your car!

Yer not supposed to be able to stand there!:eek: lol

That picture was taken after we pulled the engine from the car. Needless to say I spun all crank, piston, and balance shaft bearing on the car. On a good note It went 12.3 in the 1/4 on only 285hp and I drove her home from the track.

Not to burst your bubble but my daily driver was a FWD, my racing beast is an AWD and let me tell you 0 to 60 mph in 3.2sec is a whole new world of whiplash :) not to mention a 4 car jump on any RWD or FWD car that is next to me on the street.

Now I have changed to a Subaru Outback AWD for my daily driver. The eclipse FWD just did not cut it on lots of storage of PC's in the back.
LOL, cars always seem to touch a nerve.

I was under the impression that they didnt make an AWD version of the Eclipse in 97, but what do i know? Personally, I kinda thought you were talking about a DSM of some sort. That would make a lot more sense to me.

And Traldan is right, FWD is boring, RWD is much more interesting, and AWD is cheating. :beer:

LOL, cars always seem to touch a nerve.

I was under the impression that they didnt make an AWD version of the Eclipse in 97, but what do i know? Personally, I kinda thought you were talking about a DSM of some sort. That would make a lot more sense to me.

And Traldan is right, FWD is boring, RWD is much more interesting, and AWD is cheating. :beer:

They did make an AWD version of the Eclipse from 89 to 99. The Eclipse, Talon, and any other car that has a 2.0L 4g63, 4g64 and Colt are considered DSM.

Oh by the way AWD is not cheating, the way I look at it is that every car has 4 tires and engine and a trans along with a diff (FWD or RWD) it's just that the eclipse has a diff up front and back best of both worlds :).

They did make an AWD version of the Eclipse from 89 to 99. The Eclipse, Talon, and any other car that has a 2.0L 4g63, 4g64 and Colt are considered DSM.

Oh by the way AWD is not cheating, the way I look at it is that every car has 4 tires and engine and a trans along with a diff (FWD or RWD) it's just that the eclipse has a diff up front and back best of both worlds :).

If I remember correctly those AWD Cars (Eagle Talon, Mitsu Eclipse) kicked *** in Pikes Peak during those years.

I rescind my previous statement then, yay AWD. I do think RWD is more fun, but thats just my opinion. :D

Nice to meet you visionco! Nice Farm there too and Good luck with the No Smoking, that is one thing I would like to do too

FOLD ON!!!

Back