• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with overclocks being reset after reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryan29121

I have been noticing that every time I reboot my computer my CPU overclocks are set back to default. I went in the bios and the only thing I have to do to get it back to my overclocked speeds is change the "Allow clock control" option from "disabled" to "Enabled", save then reboot. What can I do to change it so it always saves it at that setting? Thanks for your help in advance.

I think if we have an idea what MB u are running, will give us a better understanding of things :)

x2 on the unstable clock. Either that or if you notice no other issues, i.e. can run Prime95 all night long without issues, it might be something as stupid as your CMOS battery being dead or in need of reseating.

The motherboard I have is a Gigabyte DS3-R and its no more than a month old. Im pretty sure its a stable clock becuase prime95 runs a long time without anything happening. Wouldnt a dead battery or the jumpers reset the entire BIOS not just one option? How would I know if the CMOS battery is dead? Does it take a common battery? All my parts are listed in my sig. Thanks for your help thus far.

| Cooler Master Cosmos | GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R |
|Core 2 Quad Q6600 GO @ 3.0GHz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 NT | EVGA 8800GT 512MB @ 700, 1025 w/ AC Accelero S1 |
|OCZ GameXStream 700W | 4GB G.SKILL DDR2 800 PC2 6400 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA |
| Samsung 245BW 24" | Samsung SH-S203B |
| Windows XP Professional & Vista Ultimate x64 (Dual Boot) |
| Logitech G15 | Logitech G5 Ver.2 |Klipsch Pro-Media GMX A 2.1 |

Yes, the only option that is reset is labeled "Allow host clock control" and it just resets from "enabled" to "disabled" but that one setting puts the overclocks to default. I have a Vista/Xp dual boot and it seems like every time I restart to boot into a different operating system it resets my overclocks. Any new ideas on what I can do?

I had that same problem yesterday with a ds3 ver 1.0 and i couldnt figure it our for the life of me. I tried different ram and different settings and still the same thing would happen. What fixed it was a bios upgrade. I went from f9 to the new 130 bios and that took care of it right quick. I think something just went wacky with the bios somehow and thats why it was doing that. Ill bet if i would have reflashed it with the f9 bios it would have fixed it but i figured what the hey ill try the new one for the hell of it. Problem solved now i can finish putting this thing together and sell it before anything else wacky happens. Hope this helps you and good luck.:)

I already tried that. I have the DS3R Rev 2.0 with the F6 bios so I flashed the F11 bios. I thought that would do it but it didnt. Thanks for the help anyways. Any new Ideas?

Back