• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and Voltage questions on a E2180

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

I am very new to Intel. I recently decided to update my system to an eVGA 680i LT board with a E2180 and 2 gigs of OCZ Plat. Rev 2 DDR2800 ram. Anyway heres my problem. I have my chip at 2938. Thats the highest I can go an be stable. I had it running up to 3100 or so but it wasnt stable at all. Right now, I have the volts at 1.4. Thats probally high right? Arnt most people getting 3 ghz on stock volts? If I drop it down to stock volts its not stable. My ram is set at 5:8 divider and the timings are 5-5-5-14. Any suggestions to help me hit 3000 or 3100 and be stable?

how much volts is going to vary from cpu to cpu... you might have to up the voltage more then to get it stable at 3ghz. did you up the SSP or SPP (for get which it is.)voltage? for right now go unlinked mode in the bios for the ram and run it at specced speed/timings.

i have to pump 1.43 bios/1.41 cpu-z to get mine 3.03 stable.

like said mileage may vary. i can tell you it's anything but the northbrigde holding the chip back specially with a 10 multi on these chips

not really. it's not like you're fsb limited...it has to do with the actual chip tbh. i don't know much about the 680i though. the farthest i looked into it was when i read it would have made a great extra space heater for the winter if needed :p

Back