• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need bios from Extreme PC 3870 Extreme XXX Edition 820/2400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
l try to flash my HIS 3870 bios via ati winflash and i got this message

ati.jpg

so do i do some thing wrong ... so please need some help ...

Word of advice Erasmus... Don't use the auto-tune! It's never right... (Edit) That's crazy speed though. If that core actually games, I might have to sell my Sapphires for Gigabytes if they can bench over 900.

Bleh, won't complete 3dmark2001 at even 905mhz :(

Well I still enjoy the fan speed control so I don't have to load Rivatuner!

i flashed both my 3870's today with a bios that has a proper fan control.

fan seems to hover around 35% under 50c which keep my cards ~40c idle and then ramps up dynamically to keep temps around 60c under load.

the clocks are the same as stock bios but i don't mind that, i was just sick of using rivatuner over and over ...was doing my nut in.

my cards are @ 865/1260 with temps of 60c load and nice fan noise, it sounds quieter than when i used rivatuner with similar performance ...weird!

if a few ppl want this bios post a reply and i'll host it.

arroyo requested the link for the proper fan control bios so here it is

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ocd/bios/3870fanfix.bin

of course use at own risk :eek: it worked for my 2 cards so you should be fine

arroyo requested the link for the proper fan control bios so here it is

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ocd/bios/3870fanfix.bin

of course use at own risk :eek: it worked for my 2 cards so you should be fine

I flashed my stock Sapphire 3870 with this bios. Just a note, it's for the 512MB ddr4 cards. I've yet to overclock my card, but I have played around with the auto-tune in ATi's CCC. On the stock BIOS my temps would reach 90C under load, which is unacceptable. After flashing to this BIOS it hasn't gone above 62C. Quite an improvement.

I flashed my Sapphire 3870 to this bios, worked first time and been running for about 3 days now. Must say, the fan response is excellent. I can set core over 862 but max in CCC is still 885 and my driver keeps crashing at this speed. Keep getting this : "driver has stopped responding and has completely recovered" message when I play games. Don't know if this is just a unstable OC or if something els is wrong. Would be disappointed if thats the max..

Zycomia, 885 is an awesome overclock. My max overclock is 875. I haven't seen anyone without volt modding that got their card over 875.

Yep, that error message is an unstable overclock. Back it off to 875 and try again.

:)
Edit: Moen, I don't have a link to that bios. You'll have to get it another way.

wow might actually be time to upgrade the bios. rivatuner makes me cry sometimes this is fact. nice that the auto fan actually works x.O

am i really gonna have to go dig out a floppy drive though?? qq

I used a 2GB SD card with a USB card reader, made it a bootable DOS disk, and set my BIOS to boot off it first. So no, no need to dig out the old floppy drives. :beer:

does anyone have a mirror of this download? or, if you are using this bios, can you dump it and post it?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7lson2

Enjoy...
Here you have 2 most wonderful 3870 biosses ever created:
- Extreme PC Radeon HD3870 Extreme MAXXX Edition 850Mhz Core | 512MB 2400Mhz DDR4
- Extreme PC Radeon HD3870 Extreme XXX Edition 820Mhz Core | 512MB 2400Mhz DDR4

The XXX version have faster accelerated fan and it's a bit louder. The MAXXX bios is quiet, more overclocked and LOAD temp is only +3 C more than XXX. Both have CCC up to 985MHz and fantastic OC potential.

I didn't even know you could save the bios on an installed card...

Never tried it before, but I'll look into it.

My only issue is, while I'd love to help out my brothers and sisters on the forums, I aint' gonna get sued over it. I'm inclined to ask the company if they mind before I post their work.

Anyone want to comment on the ethics/legality of this circumstance?

You did not circumvent copyright protection, you simply reversed engineered it. No you wont get sued, and ATI doesnt give a crap because if you fry your card, they will read the bios and they will see the change. They will then tell you to suck it (as far as the warranty goes) There is a place for this stuff where you can post it and never be associated with it.

Try http://www.updrivers.com/ but their are better places to upload bios's

Thanks for the link GreenJelly...I flashed the Maxxx Edition last nigh and everything seems to be running smoothly.

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I've followed this thread for quite some time, and wondered if someone would post real xxx and maxxx edition bioses. Finally, someone did. Now, when I flashed, using atiflash, utility reported that both of the bioses actually came from the same card, the xxx edition, and only part that is different is core speed and fan regulation settings. What I want to ask is if the Extreme PC really used same bioses on both cards and forgot to rename the string in bios or someone just edited XXX version bios?

If you want to check for yourself download radeon bios editor:

http://www.people.freenet.de/BAGZZlash/RBE.exe

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I've followed this thread for quite some time, and wondered if someone would post real xxx and maxxx edition bioses. Finally, someone did. Now, when I flashed, using atiflash, utility reported that both of the bioses actually came from the same card, the xxx edition, and only part that is different is core speed and fan regulation settings. What I want to ask is if the Extreme PC really used same bioses on both cards and forgot to rename the string in bios or someone just edited XXX version bios?

No it's not edited. It's ripped directly from the Extreme-PC cards. These two bioses are different not only in core speeds. The XXX was relased first on ATI stock cooling so it has faster fan settings with accelerates faster too. The MAXXX version was optimized for modified-headpiped cooling (like Gecube has). Now Extreme PC is selling those cards only with better cooling. You can compare those 2 bioses in HexCmp to see, that not only clocks are different but also the places witch are responsible for fan settings.

Very happy with my results:

Sapphire HD3870(stock BIOS) - 776/1126 - 11456 3DMark06
Sapphire HD3870(stock BIOS) - 835*/1350 - 12349 3DMark06
Sapphire HD3870(MAXXX BIOS) - 850/1200 - 12277 3DMark06

* - For some reason, on the stock BIOS for Sapphire, even when I choose higher than 823, it will not allow me to pass it via RivaTuner. :shrug:

Will post more results when I have more time, but happy I ditched my nVidia cards. :thup:

I have a question about this card from extreme-pc,I bought this card from them and ran gpu-z like two weeks after out of curiosity to see what the clocks said and to my surprise gpu-z shows stock speeds,I was expecting to see the overclocked speeds that was advertised which is Extreme PC HD3870 X2 Extreme Gamer - MAXXX Edition Highlights
- 875Mhz per core (stock is 825Mhz)
- 1960Mhz Memory (stock is 1800Mhz)

Now they do state that the overclocking is done in bios and I am a real noob when it comes to overclocking,can someone here fill me in,I am beginning to think they sent me a standard clocked card,I sent them an email and they have not responded.

Very happy with my results:

Sapphire HD3870(stock BIOS) - 776/1126 - 11456 3DMark06
Sapphire HD3870(stock BIOS) - 835*/1350 - 12349 3DMark06
Sapphire HD3870(MAXXX BIOS) - 850/1200 - 12277 3DMark06

* - For some reason, on the stock BIOS for Sapphire, even when I choose higher than 823, it will not allow me to pass it via RivaTuner. :shrug:

Will post more results when I have more time, but happy I ditched my nVidia cards. :thup:

I hope this doesn't come as a thread crap because it's not.. But why is the 3870 so slow given the card's specs??? I don't get it, on paper this thing should smoke every other single core graphics card out there. Is this simply a driver issue or what.. I mean it's a good score considering the cost of the card, but what gives?

Back