• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooled PC in an Apple G5 case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngryArtichoke

16213632ik1.jpg

92467477vp7.jpg

82998078gs6.jpg

50808281av3.jpg

38610206kj1.jpg

43345595ni5.jpg

33715736tm7.jpg

65450867fb7.jpg

10vj1.jpg

11km1.jpg

Awesome job but....

If you could remove the apple logo, I'd love it so much more ;)

Thanks, I can't stand external radiators. Used this case because it sits nicely off the ground for some airflow. Its a huge pain to do. I had to epoxy in a custom motherboard tray and then make some brackets to hold it just in case.

Looks great! I've always loved this case. I think after seeing this thread I'm going to buy one of these via ebay and build something around it.

Did you have to modify the mobo tray at all to fit a typical atx mobo? Excuse my Apple ignorance, I've only owned a Powerbook, so my knowledge about their hardware is very little.

Looks great! I've always loved this case. I think after seeing this thread I'm going to buy one of these via ebay and build something around it.

Did you have to modify the mobo tray at all to fit a typical atx mobo? Excuse my Apple ignorance, I've only owned a Powerbook, so my knowledge about their hardware is very little.

Excellent question. There is no actual tray, just standoffs. I cut a 10x16" piece of aluminum and countersunk some metal bolts on which i would attach (im not sure what they are called) threaded sleeves. Then the mobo could be screwed into that tray. I then made some L shaped brackets that would have the long end bolted to the tray, and the perpendicular short end bolted to the bottom of the case. Last, I epoxied the tray (which i why i countersunk) to the inside of the case. This also requires you to cut off the original standoffs, as I did in the picture. The G5 cases are not compatible with ATX sadly.

Replace the Apple with Tux and it's prefect!

Good job, I could never do that myself due to my urge to smash apple products and buy something cheaper and often superior.

maybe clean up the back and install proper backplate but nice job! :)

Replace the Apple with Tux and it's prefect!

Good job, I could never do that myself due to my urge to smash apple products and buy something cheaper and often superior.

They seem to have some pretty good products. Ipod, Iphone, and OSX are pretty good.

they seem to have some honest benchmarks.... remember the G4 being faster than a Athlon 64?

Back