• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair HX520W $68.49 AR+GC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just went to Cyber Deals section to make this thread, lol.

I've already used GCO, so I was gonna post this then ask if it's something I should hop on for $78.49 AR. I currently have an OCZ 600W that doesn't seem to drop on the 12v line when I game, but ever since I upgraded from my x1800xt 512 to my 8800gtx, one of my games gets EXTREMELY choppy every 20-30min... it'll get choppy for like 15-20 seconds and then it goes away. My ping also shoots up to 600ms+, so I've NO CLUE what this is about. The funny thing is both of my bros would be playing CS with me at the same time and this does NOT happen to them, so I can't blame my ISP.

I'm guessing it's the PSU b/c it did this on my previous mobo too... only the 8800gtx, not the x1800xt i used to have... =/

I was gnna post this!!! also you can get an extra $10 rebate if you don't subscribe to the magazine and fill out the info. I'm gnna order this today :D

awesome deal, I just bought this. It will be $75.63 after MIR and GCO and then $65.63 after the magazine rebate offer :D

and I got free shipping. WOW AMAZING DEAL

crap... maybe i should jump on this too...

i already filled out the magazine rebate, but i don't think it says that it has a limit... think i can do another? lol

crap... maybe i should jump on this too...

i already filled out the magazine rebate, but i don't think it says that it has a limit... think i can do another? lol

im not sure, I already filled one out too. But i think u get a free subscription per order so it should be ok. We will seee. :D

Yeah dude i would jump on it. Thats the best deal I have seen. I am getting parts ready for my new build :D

one at a time... (in my sig)

Always always always go for the budget shipping. It is actually the 3 day select/ups ground. I think they just say 7-9 days because they put your order to the back of their priority list if thing's get busy.

I have always got my orders in 3-4 business days.

I just went to Cyber Deals section to make this thread, lol.

I was gnna post this!!! also you can get an extra $10 rebate if you don't subscribe to the magazine and fill out the info. I'm gnna order this today :D

You both gotta get faster :D

Always always always go for the budget shipping. It is actually the 3 day select/ups ground. I think they just say 7-9 days because they put your order to the back of their priority list if thing's get busy.

I have always got my orders in 3-4 business days.

You both gotta get faster :D

Yeah I agree on the shipping part. I usually get my stuff from buy.com (the budget shipping) in 2-3 days ! insane. This way I can still use the rebate :D muwahahaha.

i'm ****ed. i couldn't remember my damn CVV code to my buy.com visa CC. i have no reason to carry it in my wallet as I only use it for buy.com purchases, so i had to settle with a diff card. oh well, i won't get the 3% cash back, but i guess that's only $3 anyway, so i'll live. :)

i just realized this morning that this was the HX and not the other one i had seen for around this price a couple weeks ago. damn... the HX model for this price is a steal!! i'm gonna try for the magazine rebate (even though i just sent one in today for a diff order), but even @ ~$80 AR it's a great deal! :)

i am not sure if the culprit of my system is the OCZ 600W SLI psu I got, but i'm still getting problems when gaming!! for some reason when i'm playing CS (yes, the crappiest grafix ever, not to mention on my 8800gtx), every 10min or so, i get EXTREMELY choppy for a good 10-15 seconds and then back to normal. i've NO CLUE what's causing it. :( i hope this new PSU is the fix, but for some reason i highly doubt it. i've had this problem ever since i installed the 8800gtx. go figure.

i'm ****ed. i couldn't remember my damn CVV code to my buy.com visa CC. i have no reason to carry it in my wallet as I only use it for buy.com purchases, so i had to settle with a diff card. oh well, i won't get the 3% cash back, but i guess that's only $3 anyway, so i'll live. :)

i just realized this morning that this was the HX and not the other one i had seen for around this price a couple weeks ago. damn... the HX model for this price is a steal!! i'm gonna try for the magazine rebate (even though i just sent one in today for a diff order), but even @ ~$80 AR it's a great deal! :)

i am not sure if the culprit of my system is the OCZ 600W SLI psu I got, but i'm still getting problems when gaming!! for some reason when i'm playing CS (yes, the crappiest grafix ever, not to mention on my 8800gtx), every 10min or so, i get EXTREMELY choppy for a good 10-15 seconds and then back to normal. i've NO CLUE what's causing it. :( i hope this new PSU is the fix, but for some reason i highly doubt it. i've had this problem ever since i installed the 8800gtx. go figure.

sucks about your visa, yeah I memorized my card # and my cvc so on the go I can still buy stuff online if i have to.

Yeah its a great deal,and just what I needed for my new build (SLOWLY COMING TOGETHER)

sorry about your 8800gtx, i am gettin the 8800gts 640 for my new system. Can't wait :D Love CS:S!

sucks about your visa, yeah I memorized my card # and my cvc so on the go I can still buy stuff online if i have to.

Yeah its a great deal,and just what I needed for my new build (SLOWLY COMING TOGETHER)

sorry about your 8800gtx, i am gettin the 8800gts 640 for my new system. Can't wait :D Love CS:S!

the funny thing is i'm getting this problem in regular CS maps (which i'm playing through Condition Zero CS)... so it's crappy grafix... it's not like my damn 8800gtx can't handle it, lol.

when i play bioshock i don't think i get this problem, though, so who knows what the heck the problem is. i got the same problem on my previous p35 board (gigabyte), and this all started when i got my 8800gtx. i can't blame the card either as it seems to work fine for bioshock from what i've gathered.

if you're getting an 8800gts, you should try bioshock... it's beautiful, except i wish the water splashes looked better. the water looks GREAT, and waterfalls and walking through it is awesome, but when a drop hits the water, the splash looks cheesy and pixely (at least to my eyes). enjoy your 8800!!

the funny thing is i'm getting this problem in regular CS maps (which i'm playing through Condition Zero CS)... so it's crappy grafix... it's not like my damn 8800gtx can't handle it, lol.

when i play bioshock i don't think i get this problem, though, so who knows what the heck the problem is. i got the same problem on my previous p35 board (gigabyte), and this all started when i got my 8800gtx. i can't blame the card either as it seems to work fine for bioshock from what i've gathered.

if you're getting an 8800gts, you should try bioshock... it's beautiful, except i wish the water splashes looked better. the water looks GREAT, and waterfalls and walking through it is awesome, but when a drop hits the water, the splash looks cheesy and pixely (at least to my eyes). enjoy your 8800!!

Well I heard that Nvidia has some kind of driver issues with the Counter strike, but not sure if that is correct. Its gotta be the game then if bioshock works ok because an 8800gtx is a kickass card!!! :D

That game sounds sick :D

I now have like 12 google checkout accounts XD

i dont' think u can do that anymore... i had tried creating more accounts and they kept rejecting...
i believe that they have a system that detects repeaters... not to burst your bubble, but don't be surprised if you get a cancellation notice. do yourself a favor and periodically check that new email (or existing, whichever) that you used to do GCO with this purchase. i didn't know one of my orders were canceled until over a week later when i hadn't received the item, and was like let me check the email.... i noticed it never went through and was auto- rejected

i dont' think u can do that anymore... i had tried creating more accounts and they kept rejecting...
i believe that they have a system that detects repeaters... not to burst your bubble, but don't be surprised if you get a cancellation notice. do yourself a favor and periodically check that new email (or existing, whichever) that you used to do GCO with this purchase. i didn't know one of my orders were canceled until over a week later when i hadn't received the item, and was like let me check the email.... i noticed it never went through and was auto- rejected

You guys do delete your credit card information on the previous account's right? I have done GC about 7 times now I think...Did you get it canceled recently? I would assume they must get wise to the fact people must be doing this....

You guys do delete your credit card information on the previous account's right? I have done GC about 7 times now I think...Did you get it canceled recently? I would assume they must get wise to the fact people must be doing this....

last time i tried was maybe a month ago. i don't bother anymore as i tried a couple trix that stopped working. i was able to get them to go through after the first time the canceled me... what i'd do is put "Apt. X" after my address, and i'd up the number "X" every time, lol... worked for a bit then they caught on. I live in a house, so it will always be delivered.

i don't bother anymore b/c i feel guilty trying it again... google's good to me.

If you've got the money and have even the slightest possibility of needing a new PS then jump on it. This thing pwnz.

last time i tried was maybe a month ago. i don't bother anymore as i tried a couple trix that stopped working. i was able to get them to go through after the first time the canceled me... what i'd do is put "Apt. X" after my address, and i'd up the number "X" every time, lol... worked for a bit then they caught on. I live in a house, so it will always be delivered.

i don't bother anymore b/c i feel guilty trying it again... google's good to me.

That's strange. I have bought my Corsair VX450 and some RAM in the past month using the same address and they both got to me ok.
Googles been good to me too, but I guess I figure an extra $10 helps a poor college student afford more :) If I wasn't a student I would probably just order elsewhere and not worry about the extra $10 off.

If you've got the money and have even the slightest possibility of needing a new PS then jump on it. This thing pwnz.

^ It absolutely does! The most silent thing I have seen and heard!

Back