• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SuperDave's New Rig!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hey everyone. First off, I'd like to thank everyone here at OCF for ideas, inspiration, and most importantly, advice! Heres my new system up and running thats listed in my sig. Whatcha think?

-Dave

Heres a size comparison so you can get a feel for just how big and roomy the Lian-Li PC-G75 is:

4l6o0ep.jpg

Another size comparison:

4zuu6qb.jpg

The guts:

4vfn87l.jpg

Cutting the Holes in my old case to use as a stencil :D :

4zunhgh.jpg

The tool of destruction! I burned up my puny 4 amp drill while cutting the stencil because the old case was the hard, thick steel server kinda material, so I had to go buy this bad boy!

5yuof0h.jpg

The holes finished!

6bml66b.jpg

All marked and ready to be cut:

67879sm.jpg

Last edited:
The Holes cut and edges sanded down:

4p2lr49.jpg

The Radiator installed:

4yjbmmo.jpg

The water block- straight out of the box. Not bad!!

4p02jqs.jpg

Everything installed:

6ahma68.jpg

Filling the loop:

6c65374.jpg

Here she is with the side panel off:

4vg3zx5.jpg

Heres another pic of the system. I replaced that fan over the RAM with a home-made solution so I could mount it and take it out at whim (inspired by g0dm@n's cooler lol):

6cesb29.jpg

The innards of my case and an upclose view of the RAM cooler:

631rjph.jpg

And here is what she looks like currently, in all her glory! :D

53g0ztt.jpg

Sheesh, a Thermochill PA 120.3 for just a CPU?! Throw a block on that 8800!!

Looks nice though man.

Nah... I'm having a hard enough time keeping that CPU cool at 3.6Ghz..Plus the 8800 is humming along quite nicely at 600/1000 and idles at around 51C... Load hits about 73 or so, so not too bad.

Nah... I'm having a hard enough time keeping that CPU cool at 3.6Ghz..Plus the 8800 is humming along quite nicely at 600/1000 and idles at around 51C... Load hits about 73 or so, so not too bad.

at 3.6GHz?! Insanity! Those Quads are a nightmare to cool :mad:

That looks like a killer mod! :thup:

Man, hit me up with a write-up on how you did this. Sort of a guide for noobs like me. It would make a neat front page article. :)

wow your my inspiration. I am going to be doing a similar project with cutting out the top holes for fans.... i'll ask you questions if I need help.. sweet!!!

Back