• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2407-HC, Pics and Console Hook-ups, 56k Warning!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mobious

2407-HC, Pics and Console Hook-ups, BEWARE: LARGE IMAGE FILES!!!

So, after the first day of missing DHL, the second day of DHL missing my house, the third day I just said "screw it" and went to the warehouse and got it. And so, here it is in all it's glory:

Well, the box anyway. Shipping weight was about 25lbs.

I was just absolutely shocked as to the size of the stand by itself, I just had to take a picture ^^. Note: I use the 360 controller as a size comparison for most of these pics.

Here it was as it sat in the box. I saw it and said to myself, "Holy mother of god, I bought a monster..."

Here's the screen itself, minus the stand.

I attempted to brighten the image up a bit to show the glossy finish on the screen, but this was the best I could do.

Here's the screen, attatched to the stand, at it's lowest setting. I can't do it on my desk b/c there's an audio switch that's going to rest in between the feet, so I did it on the floor.

And here's the screen in a portrait position. Found it kind of annoying that you have to tilt the screen before you rotate it, otherwise the corner will hit whatever surface it is on.

Well, out with the old, in with the new. Loved my VX922 to death, definitely going to keep it (prolly give it to mom as a "I'm leaving for college and kinda forgot your bday present this summer" present ^^).

The very organized button panel with illuminated numbers 1-5 showing what input you are tuned to (the button just to the right is the selector button, push it once to see what input you're on, push it again to go to the next one, and so on. Very simple and easy).

Here's the media card slots and USB ports (left side).

Last edited:
Inputs, very clean and tidy, and clearly marked. And if you look closely, you can see on the tag: "Built: July 2007", brand new.

Might be just because it's a new model, but I found it odd that the Rev was labeled "A00".

Here's what my desk used to look like (don't mind the wall scrolls ^^).

Here's the desk as it is now.

My desktop, as it is right now.

My screensaver, as it is right now (my camera really butchered the color for some reason, but in reality it is solid GREEN).

I tried running CoD2, but my 6800GT said no ^^, so I did run WoW instead, and MY GOD LOOK AT ALL THAT ROOM FOR AD-ONS.

Now to test one of the main reasons why I even got this monitor (note: I am using a Psyclone VGA cable for my 360, not the Microsoft brand cable).

And if anyone was skeptical at any point in time about the Dells being able to do 1:1, may you stand corrected. There's actually 3 different settings: aspect, 1:1, and fill.

My god, it's so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Last edited:
This is the only problem I've run into yet. Yeah, it's bad, REALLY BAD. Stretches across the whole screen. Good news is: if you shut the monitor off and turn it back on, it disappears ^^.

Next game up for review.

Beautiful, just beautiful. The only lag I've encountered thus far has been from the console itself.

Now time for reason #2, how well does the Wii perform?? (Note: I am using a Psyclone Component cable, not the Nintendo brand component cable) This is on "Aspect setting, and you can't see it but the image actually has bars on the left and right sides.

Here it is on 1:1, and it is TINY!!!

And finally, here it is on fill, which is how I keep it. The horizontal stretch isn't even noticeable from "aspect". The image quality is by no means "detailed", it's like playing Wii on googlevideo or youtube.

Last edited:
This is the last game I'm reviewing for today, Twilight princess, on 480p widescreen, full setting.

These are some close-ups just so you can see what the actual image quality is like.

I don't remember if it was in this forum or not, but someone asked about input lag with the Wii over component. The only lag I experienced was the ambient WiFi lag from the controller. I made a video to show what I'm talking about:

That's all for now. Mr. Roboto, get in touch w/ me about any other tests you would like me to run to compare screens. Peace.

-Mobious-

Last edited:
holy cow bro, these images are HUGE!!!

I have a 21" gateway I use for 360, Wii and PC but it just seems a little small so I might go up for the 24" or even 30"

xbiker321 said:
holy cow bro, these images are HUGE!!!

I have a 21" gateway I use for 360, Wii and PC but it just seems a little small so I might go up for the 24" or even 30"
It's an 8.1mp camera, I sized these down to 1632x1224, they were 3264x2448 when I ripped them off the camera. And I deff recommend this monitor if you plan on bumping up to the 24" range. The HC is the only version available, it replaced the regular version.

-Mobious-

PS: I forgot to mention this above, but this sucker runs hot, like 38c+. DO NOT SUFFOCATE YOURSELF IN A SMALL CORNER!!!

Dial up beware ????

Broadband beware.

Hate to complain but the images are so big they are pretty much un-viewable for me even with a 22" widescreen LCD.

i currently have a vx922 right now xD and was planning on upgrading to a dell and dang is that nice

OK, made some changes to the thread: now it's a lot easier on your bandwidth ^^. I did run some more tests and have come to some conclusions.

1. No matter what I do, my camera will never be able to reproduce colors as well as this monitor. I have some cell shaded manga pictures that I was using as a testbed and my eyes started to bleed the colors were so rich. Things are now, without a shadow of a doubt, COLORS. Just fiddling with the color correction controls a bit allowed that, but my god: such a difference. Turned a French map on CoD2 into the amazon jungle. It's simply amazing, but there is no for any of you to see it unless you got this monitor, end of story ^^.

2. There is MINOR ghosting. I was pretty upset at first myself, but unless you know what you're looking for, you don't notice it. It's specifically black-white transitions that cause it, and its in the form of a BLACK shadow, not white. That could actually be color smearing (prolly is), but my terminology isn't updated often. Good news is: if you play your games (btw, I didn't notice it on the desktop, only in games) at 1920x1200, it is so minimal it's hardly detectable (I only noticed it at first cuz I was running everything at 1680x1050).

I'm still running more tests, so I will post again soon w/ more pics (in thumbnail form :p).

-Mobious-

Ouch you need to adjust the 360 and / or monitor brightness, the backround is suppose to be pitch black on this screen. looks washed out.

JRW said:

Ouch you need to adjust the 360 and / or monitor brightness, the backround is suppose to be pitch black on this screen. looks washed out.
Fault of the camera. When I have the flash off it ups the ISO to 400 and brightness everything up, as well as wash out the colors. With the flash on, that disappears, but I get the flash reflection on the screen.

Example:

Without Flash:

With Flash:

Note: if anyone has a method/technique to remedy this, PLEASE let me know!!!

-Mobious-

Last edited:
Ah yea I use Manual mode and ISO 50 or 100 when taking pics of monitors / tvs etc. that way the camera wont automatically adjust anything.

couple of non-flash pics I took in a dark room off my HDTV:

Crank Bluray 1080i

Zelda TP 480p

JRW said:
Ah yea I use Manual mode and ISO 50 or 100 when taking pics of monitors / tvs etc. that way the camera wont automatically adjust anything.

couple of non-flash pics I took in a dark room off my HDTV:

Crank Bluray 1080i

Zelda TP 480p
Very nice, thanks for the tip. Crank looks absolutely amazing in that pic. What TV you got (1080i, 1080p)? I'll experiment a bit and get some new pics rolling when I get my 7900GS (should be here Thursday). I also have some 720p movies to test out with so I'll keep y'all posted with the results.

-Mobious-

PS: my guess is the color smearing has to do with DX, basically the shader engine. My 360 over VGA has absolutely no smearing whatsoever, yet over DVI (which, btw, you can only change the color and brightness/contrast, nothing else) whenever I play WoW or CoD2 it has it.

Mobious said:
Very nice, thanks for the tip. Crank looks absolutely amazing in that pic. What TV you got (1080i, 1080p)?

Thanks the pics are from my Sony 34" XBR960 CRT HDTV, it does have a great picture everyone that has seen it in person (especially HD content) always comment on how clear & bright it is. The biggest advantage it has over other CRT hdtv's is the extra fine pitch tube it uses, it also has the best black levels ive seen on a tv, even when compared to other CRTs, It was basically Sony's highest end CRT model on the market.

This site has more specs & info: Link

Thund3rball said:
Great monitor pics! Do you use a tripod or sit the camera on a table or something?

I usually set the camera on a table and zoom up a little.

I've been reading reviews on this monitor and have been drooling over it. :drool:
I went ahead and pulled the trigger tonight. $603 with tax. :beer:

I brought home a 22" Samsung a while back and wasn't impressed so I returned it. My brother has a 24" Gateway that is pretty nice. I hope this is the one to keep.....

Back