• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LianLi PC-V600 watercooled.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

Finally got around to doing this project up. baught a cheap $15 jigsaw and cut out the hole I needed.
I posted about this over at the alternative modding section but maybe you would all like to see how i did.
I also wanna say this... Anyone who complains about a V1200 being too small to watercool can come see me.

I have watercooled two SFF rigs now. a micro atx tower and this one all with 1/2" tubing.

Parts
The cooling
- Apogee 1U 775
- Aquaextreme MP-01
- Liang D5
- BIP3 Black
- 3x Panaflo 1J Medium speed fans
- 7ft Masterkleer 1/2/ x 7/8
- 20 Stainless Worm clamps
- Brass hose coupler for a T cap
- Black Poly T
- 4 Copper 5/8 Elbows
- Lian Li PC-V600 Black

The Gear
- Intel Pentium E2160 SLA3H-L2 Conroe 1mb
- XFX nVidia 650i Ultra
- 2gb Corsair PC2-5400 4-4-4-13
- GeForce 7900GT

the hole

CIMG0039.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg

the hole round two after none of my screwholes lined up.

CIMG0052.jpg

there are 4 CU right angles in this loop. bet you cant find the 4th one.

CIMG0053.jpg

CIMG0065.jpg

that is an apogee 1U for 775. the only block that would fit without getting highly restrictive 90s. like, moreso restrictive than the 90s already in there.

Fully assembled for initial testing. i ran the pump overnight with no fans, but woke up and wired the thing. its very quiet minus some motor noise from the fans.

CIMG0068.jpg

OC testing will still be to come. Ive had some issues with high fsb on my motherboard, but it ran 3.2 with 1600 fsb decently. using the 8x multi. takes about 1.56 volts to do that kinda fsb, and my board has wicked vdroop so i gotta mod it. pushing 1.6 leaves it with liek 1.54 which wont be enough to find the chips top end. i left it running orth at 3.45@1540 fsb and came back to it rebooted, so who knows.

even with that stupid high voltage, and my gpu in there, she runs 51 per core which is decent i guess. My opteron with RBX was a lot cooler running but i guess intels are particularly hot either way you slice it.

im going to florida for a few weeks, so i wont be able to really mess with it this weekend, but ill come back and break it some more.

Last edited:
Nice setup, looks cramped as hell - must of been a nightmare getting it all in. Good work :)

I'm guessing the 4th right-angle is behind the drive bay, just left of the T-Line? although that bend could of easily been made without it :shrug:

actully no, cause im running the tubing through a holethats in the bay. the tubing would crimp mad if i tried to do that.getting it in there wasnt really so bad at all. I assembled it in sections and it went somewhat smoothly.

It actually doesn't look that cramped in there, especially consdering you don't really need that great of airflow anymore. I hope to build something along these lines with the APlus Black Pearl case.

ill add another fan in the front and i might do something for the northbridge too. the panaflo's have a little bit of winding noise which kinda sucks but meh. they are quiet otherwise. certainly better than it was stock.

ah well. thats not untill i get back. sweating it up in florida atm.

Does it look possible to fit a standard apogee in there, or should I just order a 1U version?

no standard waterblock will fit down there with the exception of MAYBE a GTX.you might get your tubing to bend enough but then you will be messing with your clamp pressure. I took my angles out and trie to string the tubing over the ram, which it does, but puts pressure on it. so i wouldnt recommend that either.
Get some copper angle fittings with less than 90deg angle. I know they make them, like 20deg span or somthing.

that way you will clear the ram of most mobo's just fine.

next rig for me is in a v300b, which is only a little bigger than an xqpack. ill probably use a apogee drive for that, but its good, since i wanna test one of those out, for potential use in a xbox360.

havent been on a lot lately though, sorry guys. baught a car and been over at the mazda forums for a lot of my free time. Wanna mod the car so bad, but kinda thinking of selling it for a 5 spd, then modding that... grrr. decisions decisions. more fun for the like 10% of driving conditions i can enjoy it, or the comfort of my morning coffee in bumper gridlock at the ungodly am.

Humm, maybe Ill try an apogee drive.

Can you get more pictures of how this all fits. Is it possible to sneak a shot between the PSU & the water block?

sorry for the crumby pic. this little camera doesnt do so well at this kinda stuff i guess.
*misses casio with messloads of manual *****

IMGP0247.jpg

and a pic of how its situated atm. newwc.jpg

illl pull the rig if you guys wanna see some more in depth pics of the plumbing. I redid the whole thing so it looks much cleaner and i can... ZOMG TAKE MY MOBO OUT =O.

as for it fitting. thats never really an issue. this tubing can bend all kinds of crazy good and the components REALLY arent that big. Im running a tripple rad, one of the best pumps and cool everything important without issue. i can still add drives and cards, just cant have a second gpu and a sound card together is all.
not that my 7900 has any difficulty with the krpgs i play heh.

I have an mcp350, mcw60, & an apogee drive to try out. There looks to be enough room for the pump/block, and with the angled barbs it should work out nice.

Thats for the pictures, and wow, its way smaller than I thought it was.

yea but... come on. compared to my old rig, that isnt bad <_<

sffwc.jpg

the apogee drive should perform much like a mcp350/apogee setup. they are the two mashed together. probably wont hold a quad without mass radage, but will handle a moderatly oc'd setup with gpu just fine.

funny you say the case is small. i find it kinda big. but my next case will probably be bigger, stacker styled.

Alright. thread resurrection time for me.

I havent been into the computer modding much since last year. got married, had a baby, moved to laptops for my basic needs.

my 2710p is all built up and suits 99% of what i need, so the desktop went for the most part neglected.

well, started to play starcraft 2 and found the performance a little lacking.
I replaced my 650i with a cheapy g41 board cause it was like $75. though i couldnt use my watercooling at the time due to the ram placement so close to the cpu. so i ran 7ish months on the stock 2180 alu cooler spiking at 64c at stock lol..

good times.

still rocking the 7900gt... lol...

Im planning to upgrade the entire core of this rig in the coming month or two;

Conroe 2180 => Phenom II x4 965 Black
gigabyte g41m-es2h => MSI 890FX
2gb Ballistix pc2-800 => some 4gb corsair ddr3 kit cause im tired of messing with memory
Geforce 7900GT 720/900 => HD5770. might get a second one.
Crucial RealSSD C300 64gb => 2x C300.

but before all this, i needed to rebuild my cooling system.

using all the same parts, but cleaned up the hole in the top a bit. i cut a peice of acrylic to fit the rad, and used it as a spacer, and to clean up the top of the case.
sadly, the router caused the acrylic to develope some small cracks that i didnt notice until i painted the underside.. but meh. don't care. new case top for $5

IMG_4898.jpg

all plumbed up and ready for filling. I had to use 3/8 tubing since i cant get 1/2x3/4 anymore locally and didnt wanna spend $3/ft to buy it online. was a little annoying to stretch over the 1/2 barbs but works just fine.
made the lines a little longer than i normally do to service the case easily.

IMG_4896.jpg

case front view. rad in/out

IMG_4899.jpg

stuff to be cooled installed

IMG_4901.jpg

how i had to set up the 1U apogee

IMG_4904.jpg

all done

IMG_4905.jpg

ill have to go back and rewire the fans. they are series wired right now and i didn't have any wire sleeving. so ill stop by the store tommorrow and get some, rewire them in parallal, fix my fan controller ect.

3ghz, 38c =)

Resurrecting my old thread a little bit here!

I had planned to replace most of this machine when the time came to upgrade it. new case with more room, new liquid cooling ect ect but times have changed, money has been spread thinner across many of my expensive hobbies so the new machine is kinda hobbled together from various deals i found.
Mainboard on surprise special $50 off, cpu from our clasifieds here and ram from a friends business that was overstocked.

I had planned to modifiy my apogee 1U for the new socket, 1150 by making a new top out of delrin. the snag of course hit when it came to looking at buying a g1/4-19 tap to make use of standard waterblock fittings.. Id be looking at $25-$40 just to get the tap plus the cost of a peice of delrin/acrylic to make a suitable top...
kind of abandoned that idea in favor of a XSPC Raystorm.. just couldnt compare to the $60 that cost brand new and the numbers seem favorable for it.

My d5 has been in active service for 8 years so far and figured it was in need of replacment but... nope.. i cracked it open, took out the old ****ty wire and replaced with a nice silicon high strand wire from my rc hobby and a deans connector. buttoned it up and its perfect. i guess barring some electrical catastrophy that will keep running indefinitely.
Had considered getting the xspc top for it but I think thats kind of pointless unless you were to get the res top option. i might do that, just torn about the usefulness of their 300ml option, and dont really want to pay for the glass tube one.
still, very nice to see how far the market has come since i was dabbing in this stuff last.. i think it was 2011 i restructured this box?

still rocking my 5850 and MIght look for a used block for it though for the time being ill be drilling the lga 775 holddown of my apogee 1U to fit that and running ramsinks. I might still do a desk integration but thats on the far back burner.

so a nice little upgrade of sorts

core2duo e6750 - I5 4670K @ 4.? ghz?
gigabyte g41mes2h - z87xud3h
4gb ballastix - 8 gb hyper x grey
good old watercooled lian li v600b

anyway. cpu has yet to arrive, just ordered the new waterblock last night. should be assembling by monday/tuesday.
a shame the taps were so damn expensive.. the cost of delrin didnt really scare me but with the tap id be looking at $100 + to retop a waterblock that may or may not even work well with the i5 heh.
Hard to beat china i guess...

Can't wait to see the finished product. Yeah, its a steal to go with the Raystorm. Great performer and one of the cheapest blocks out there.

This won't be an extreme build just functionally mainstream. Done all the work on the case so makes sense to keep it rolling. First upgrade since the core2duo came out lol.

I have that mobo cpu combo, and i love it...easy to overclock, im at 4.5 24/7 use. I idle around 30 and during gaming i hit 60C

Glad to hear it! Got it for $162 cdn on surprise sale. Wasn't sure if I want an i5 or 7 but a user here sold.me his 4670k for pretty cheap and he had it up to 4.8 apparently. I won't run higher than 4.6 I should think. Though after investigating the platform more, I'm tempted by lga2011 in the future heh.

Ill upgrade psu next, maybe an r9 270x and finally more ssds.

I hope my bip3 can handle the i5 and 5850 but I guess the worst case is just turning the fans up.

Back