• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #73

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 73th in the series of T32 Spotlights!!

NOTE: For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Goshawk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
I joined up March 7th, 2007

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
I'm addicted to coffee, and cheese. I also like long walks on the beach ;)

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I currently live in Portland, Oregon area with my girlfriend of 6 years.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
Since my first post here almost 2 years ago :p

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
A month or two before i started folding, my uncle was diagnosed with breast cancer... a rarity in todays society, but a wake up call nonetheless. Things worked out fine, he had it removed and hasn't seen it crop up again... but it's still scary. There is a mchine here that folds in his honor.

What do you do for a living?
Computers and web design/maintenance

What do you do for fun?
Computers ;) - If a computer is running too smoothly here at my place, it gets torn apart and rebuilt

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
I really enjoy just creating something... doesn't have to be anything in specific really... i just get enjoyment out of creating something out of nothing. I LOVE case modding, i fear i haven't done very much of it since i am still new at the whole thing, and trying to get all the money together i need for the tools is... well, daunting :)

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
My main folder is also my main computer for just about everything: Kentsfield QX6700 ES @3.3 / 1460 FSB /1.34 Vcore, P5BD WIFI, Corsair XMS2 PC6400 3 GB, eVGA 8800GTX, and a Neo HE 500w supply. She's the only machine i have that will crunch an 8 minute SMP frame regardless of project. I call it Quagdor the foldinator ( j/k :p )

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
4 machines total, 1 being my main i described above. there is my file server which is a e6600 at stock speeds, with a gig of ram, theres my strict folding only rig in the corner which is an e6700 OC'd to 3.0 with 512mb, and finally there is my workstation that is a lowly 955XE-ES on a badaxe with a gig of ram

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
My main goal would be to go back to school and further my knowledge of PCs, eventually i would like to freelance web design, and be onsite tech support for small/medium/large buisness. Also, i'd like to get into the whole LAN party scene locally here in oregon and washington. One thing i haven't really done since i moved to oregon 4 years ago is hook up with folks with similar interests.. i'm always up for meeting new pals :p

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
The team as a whole makes me really proud to be a part of it. Everything you do makes a difference... and with sooooo much negative BS going on in the world, it's an incredible gift you're all making to the world. WTF :thup:

Last edited:
Great to meet another one of my constant threats:D

Glad your here folding away for Team32.:beer: Its great to know more about you.

Where's the pics?:D

Goshawk said:
The team as a whole makes me really proud to be a part of it. Everything you do makes a difference... and with sooooo much negative BS going on in the world, it's an incredible gift you're all making to the world. WTF :thup:

Fold on G! :thup:

Good to meet you Gos. I haven't lived in Portland, but am from Oregon. I grew up in Medford, and moved to Coos Bay around the time I turned 15. I used to go to Portland quite often to go party, but I have grown out of that stage of my life. WTF!!!!

Update with pics! :)

Things have changed quite a bit since LandShark sent me the PM about doing the spotlight. Had to give my E6700 to its rightful owner as he was upgrading from a 930 pressler room heater. Things got so bad with moving hardware around, there was a week that i was barely producing at all.

The farm is built back up with goodies below :)

Rigs:

SANY0538.jpg

Both machines ( Chen Ming Blue case, and Sonata III ) are: QX6700, Asus P5B Vanilla, 512 mb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL5, random HDD, Scythe Infinity w/ adaptec 120mm loud as heck lighted fan... both OC'd to 9 x 350. Each running WinSMP.

SANY0539.jpg

Clovertown X5355s @ stock, 2 gbs DDR2-667 FBDIMMS - main folder now :p running 2 instances of WinSMP -> temporarily put on hold, stock heatsinks WAY too loud... waiting for socket 478 adaptor rails so i can mount 2 more infinitys... should have the rails on friday and the rig back up that night... gives you guys a few days to get your rears in gear ;)

SANY0015.jpg

Cat, Sagira ( Siggy ) @ stock, poor overclocker

SANY0042.jpg

Me :)

deadlysyn said:
Good to meet you Gos. I haven't lived in Portland, but am from Oregon. I grew up in Medford, and moved to Coos Bay around the time I turned 15. I used to go to Portland quite often to go party, but I have grown out of that stage of my life. WTF!!!!

I've always wanted to check out Coos bay, i'll PM ya if we get down there someday :p As for partying, i never really did that sort of thing, never appealed to me :) to busy doing the computer / chick thing.

~ Gos

should have the rails on friday and the rig back up that night... gives you guys a few days to get your rears in gear ;)
Yeah I notice every time I see a drop in your PPD it only means your revamping.:p

Nice pics! I see why your farm is smacking my farm now.:D

Glad to meet you Gos :)

And it is great to be folding with you on T32!!

You have a very high quality farm putting up those numbers :)

What mobo are you running the clovertowns on?

:beer: :beer:

Pete

ps. I have 7 cats and still haven't figured out how to get them folding :eek:

The Xeons are on an Intel S5000PSLSATA temporarily until i can find an Asus board that will support some overclocking :p

Dfonda: Most of my hardware is temporary from work... boss lets me borrow stuff hes not using for a while to play with :)

~ Gos

Back