• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark won't load on my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skybluehuw

Hi all, any i have help would be appricated. i have just got the below rig but when i try and run any of the 3Dmarks 03, 05, 06 none of them will load. I have tried with CF on and CF off, i have even dropped down to the futuremark approved ATI drivers from the latest but still no joy. i'm very:-/

just to say i havn't activated vista yet as i am waiting to make sure its all running fine and don't have to do a re-install, dose that have anything to do with it?

Thanks for getting back. i have looked for the file all i get is it opening into notepad lots of code but no settings to re-name and when i replace it ( delete what is in notepad and paste in the new code) nothing happens. sorry for being so thick but not used to having to do this sort of thing. my son normally dose all of this sort of stuff, but he is in australia for the next year:rolleyes:

Not sure exactly where you are hung up, but first I'll post the instructions for that file that you should of have already downloaded from Gautam's link.

New Direcpll.dll for 3DMark05, 3DMark06 and PCMark05
----------------------------------------------------

On some hardware 3DMark05, 3DMark06 and PCMark05
may hang at the splash screen. The new version of
Direcpll.dll is a quick fix to enable users to run
all Futuremark benchmarks using all the latest hardware.

Usage
-----

Windows XP:

1. Locate the following folder: %WINDIR%\system32\Futuremark\MSC\
2. Rename the old Direcpll.dll to e.g. "_Direcpll.dll"
3. Copy the new Direcpll.dll to the same folder

Windows Vista 32bit:

1. Locate the following folder: %WINDIR%\system32\Futuremark\MSC\
2. Rename the old Direcpll.dll to e.g. "_Direcpll.dll", and press
"Continue" whenever prompted
3. Copy the new Direcpll.dll to the same folder, and press
"Continue" whenever prompted

Verify
------

You should verify that the new Direcpll.dll is version
4.10.1.92. You can check it by right-clicking on the DLL
and select Properties, then Details.

Future Updates
--------------

Please note that this fix is temporary.
Futuremark
is working on an official update which will soon
be available at http://www.futuremark.com.

The Ritalin version is go into your Window's directory using that path listed in the instructions. My path is Windows/system32\Futuremark\MSC\ but since I don't have Vista, I'm not sure if the Windows directory is still named "Windows". Once you find that sub-directory, just rename the existing Direcpll.dll file in case something goes heywire. They suggest renaming it _Direcpll.dll but you really can rename it anything you want. Heck, you can just overwrite it and not worry about it if you want. Once the new .dll file is in the right place, you should be ready to go.

skybluehuw said:
Thanks for getting back. i have looked for the file all i get is it opening into notepad lots of code but no settings to re-name and when i replace it ( delete what is in notepad and paste in the new code) nothing happens. sorry for being so thick but not used to having to do this sort of thing. my son normally dose all of this sort of stuff, but he is in australia for the next year:rolleyes:

You don't 'Open' the .dll - simply copy the new .dll from Gautams link (right mouse click and choose 'Copy'), then in Explorer go to the correct folder where the existing .dll is and again with you mouse, right click and select paste. This will replace the defective non-working .dll with the working version.

Could anyone upload the file ? The link is dead.

I renamed the file and also tried with the switch but i can't send my results online, neither view it.

If you had an old version of one of the 3Dmark programs installed like I did, you almost have to reformat and then use the newer version. I tried uninstalling the old and then installing the new version, but it still didn't work for me. But, cetainly try changing the file first just in case. If you can't find it anywhere else, PM me your email addy and I'll send you the file.

Back