• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #72

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 72th in the series of T32 Spotlights!!

NOTE: For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

deadlysyn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
Somewhere in June, 2005

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
Added a PS3, and fried a mobo by using an OEM PSU, learned a very valuable lesson with that one.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
Payson, AZ about 90 miles north of Phoenix

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I got a PM from THF shortly after joining OCF, and decided to check it out

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
I had lost my great grandmother, who I was very close to, to breast cancer. My fiancee lost her grandfather to liver cancer. I continue to fold in the hopes that someone will not have to live with the same pain that we both have experienced.

What do you do for a living?
Home and car audio and video sales and installation. I will be going back to installing garage doors somewhere around the end of this month.

What do you do for fun?
Playing PS3 games, sometimes computer games, driving around town, I live in a boring town lol.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Getting ready to start working on my 1986 Chevy S-10, planning to make it a show truck.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 1.25 GB PC2700, SI-97A, Asus A7V400-MX, WD Caviar 160 GB, GeForce FX5700LE. Pretty much general use, backing up DVD's, CD's, gaming, little bit of Photoshop, browsing internet, also now a file server for my PS3.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
I have 3 computers and a PS3, one is a Celeron D 331 at stock with 1 GB PC3200 (temporarily down until I get the mobo back), another is Celeron D 315 at 2.76 with 512 MB PC3200, and my main rig.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
I want to go to college one day and open up my own business customizing cars and trucks.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I am really into custom cars and trucks, mostly lowriders and mini-trucks. My AV is my first mini truck. I kinda wish I would have held on to it. I also spend a lot of time working on computers, kind of a hobby of mine. I also just recently found out that I have a baby on the way :bday: :cool:

nice to meet you deadlysyn and congrats on the news of the little folder on the way :beer:

Glad to meet you some more :)

And a big congratz on the upcoming addition to the family :thup:

I never had a truck in the driveway till my son got a pickup recently ... they sure are useful at times!

Hopefully the growing family does not constrain your plans for college and I wish you the best on both :)

It is great folding with you on T32 :)

Fold on!

:beer: :beer:

Wow congrats on the Baby, I'll say a prayer he/she is a healthy happy one. Congrats to your lady(and mom to be) as well.:beer:

Glad to know more about you DS , thats some of my favorite country where you live, been just west of you in Sedona, up in Williams, over to the Petri forest and Painted desert and of course that little hole you have in the ground...up yonder.:D

My wife and I both agree if there was another place we would live AZ would be our first choice.

Hope to bring the kid out there in Sept if we can get a room, its a little late in the season.

WTF DADDY O !:)

Good to meet you deadlysyn! :)

foldon.gif

dfonda said:
Wow congrats on the Baby, I'll say a prayer he/she is a healthy happy one. Congrats to your lady(and mom to be) as well.:beer:

Glad to know more about you DS , thats some of my favorite country where you live, been just west of you in Sedona, up in Williams, over to the Petri forest and Painted desert and of course that little hole you have in the ground...up yonder.:D

My wife and I both agree if there was another place we would live AZ would be our first choice.

Hope to bring the kid out there in Sept if we can get a room, its a little late in the season.

WTF DADDY O !:)
Sadly to say, I don't really have too much time or money to do too much exploring in Arizona. I have only been about as far as Flagstaff, to the north, and Phoenix to the south. I've been working on a few computers on the side to help bring in a little bit of extra money, but no one here will let me borg. Such a shame too. I actually had one client that picked up an e6400 system in the valley, and it had actually went up in smoke within a week. Apparently not all the shops around know how to properly mount a heatsink.

Sadly to say, I don't really have too much time or money to do too much exploring in Arizona. I have only been about as far as Flagstaff, to the north, and Phoenix to the south. I've been working on a few computers on the side to help bring in a little bit of extra money, but no one here will let me borg. Such a shame too. I actually had one client that picked up an e6400 system in the valley, and it had actually went up in smoke within a week. Apparently not all the shops around know how to properly mount a heatsink.
I was impressed when I saw where you lived, that you were a folder. Its cool to here from Teamates outside of the usual Metropolitan and heavily populated areas.:thup:

Back