• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Clean Overkill (56k? No Service)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightballrj

Well, that the name of the game. I wanted the cleanest, most elegant case/watercooling/power supply setup that I could get and afford. So, I chose the Lian Li V-2100B. This is the cleanest looking, most elegant case that I could find and still be in my price range and hold all my stuff. Here is my rig's new specs:

Case: Lian-Li V-2100B
Power supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 Modular
Radiators: PA120.2(top), PA120.3(bottom)
Pumps: dual DDC2's with Petra's tops
CPU block: Swiftech Apogee GTX
NB Cooler: HR-05 SLI
SB Cooler: Enzotech low profile Copper(have a HR-05 but it wouldn't fit with my water cooled 1900xtx)
Ram cooler: OCZ XTC Cooler

All hardware is same as in sig.

I borrowed a few ideas from another 2100B build on here that I REALLY REALLY liked!

Anyways here are the pics:

IMG_1376.jpg
IMG_1379.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg
IMG_1383.jpg

Tell me what you think! Thanks!!

Heh, thanks guys!

Yeah Gautam.... OMG it took FOREVER!! I don't think I showered this weekend and I think I only brushed my teeth once.... :attn: :eek: ROFL!!! GROSS!!!

JamesXP said:

You know... thats the weird thing. I am so over radiator and fan'd its not even funny. I have the best waterblock for that proc(bowed) and have a good mount. I am getting 55C under TAT load at 3.6ghz and 1.525 volts. I idle at 37C at the same specs. I mean at stock speed it was idling at 78 degrees Fahrenheit in the bios. Thats like 3 or 4 degrees above ambient in Fahrenheit. Thats good! But, for some reason I am not getting as good of results under OC?

Well regardless of the numbers, it's clean, effort well put. Makes me wanna redo my case........ >=)

Yeh, but it really shouldn't be that high and I can't figure out why its that way. I guess I need to try some water wetter in small doses and see if that helps any. Right now I am straight distilled. I need to completely fill my fillport and flip the case upside down and see if I have any trapped air in the upper rad.

dude... thats a clean setup... i usually see all the rads and tubes of a wc setup as a lil messy but that its super clean... nice job A+ work man.

2 things i would do however... cut out the lower part of the case (the black aluminum between the rad and outside grill. and if possible get the top grill in black anodized (a lil pepeve of mine... i like stuff in the same color thats just me)

but either way thats a super sweet sick nasty clean setup u got there.

nd4spdbh2 said:
dude... thats a clean setup... i usually see all the rads and tubes of a wc setup as a lil messy but that its super clean... nice job A+ work man.

2 things i would do however... cut out the lower part of the case (the black aluminum between the rad and outside grill. and if possible get the top grill in black anodized (a lil pepeve of mine... i like stuff in the same color thats just me)

but either way thats a super sweet sick nasty clean setup u got there.

I don't know what you mean to cut out the black aluminum. There is no Al between the rad and the radgrill on the top or the bottom.

About the grills... I gotta have just that little bit of bling to dress it up just a tad and keep the nice elegant look:)

Very clean, sharp setup. You have done what appears to be a good job with cable management. Many of those Lian-Li setups I see end up looking like cable spaghetti.

voigts said:
Very clean, sharp setup. You have done what appears to be a good job with cable management. Many of those Lian-Li setups I see end up looking like cable spaghetti.

Thanks man! The cable management is fine, I worked really hard on it. But, I need two longer AC Ryan SATA cables for the opticals. the 18 inchers are too short and I can't route them to where they are invisible just yet. Hopefully next paycheck I can get some more ordered.

BTW... I am posting some more pics of some close ups, etc.

OMG... I had to drain and refill the CPU loop because I found a bit of a kink in the CPU loop and it was bothering me. It didn't even hurt temps... I held it open for 30 seconds and no temperature drop. So, I drained, shortened the tubing from my CPU pump to the PA120.2, refitted, filled, and bled the system in an hour and a half and now my temps are down to a much more manageable 53 degrees from 57. I thought it was 55 but it wasn't. Anyways, here are some more pics showing attention to detail and just random closeups:

Shows mitered edges on grommeting and black rivets(6 in total).

IMG_1403.jpg
IMG_1402.jpg

HR-05 SLI where a regular HR-05 normally goes. Maybe when I get some new mounting clips I will try it. I wanted the sli on the chipset and regular on the southbridge but it was just too much in the way.

IMG_1412.jpg

Dusty X1900XTX with clipped Swiftech vram sinks for previous orientation of waterblock.

IMG_1405.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

I have a few more pics uploaded if anyone wants to see them in my album on photobucket:

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d114/eightballrj/Clean Overkill/

Last edited:
Lovely setup you have there, makes me want to take the plunge to water all the more :D

eightballrj said:
NB Cooler: HR-05 SLI
SB Cooler: Enzotech low profile Copper(have a HR-05 but it wouldn't fit with my water cooled 1900xtx)
Just a suggestion, you could put the HR-05 on the Northbridge and the HR-05 SLI on the Southbridge.

Back