• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my E6420...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

I got the last parts of my PC a few days ago and pretty much immediately started OCing it :).

orthos.GIF

I'll have to apologize for the Orthos time if it isn't adequate for your stability stanadards :)sn: ) and if the CPU speed doesn't match the CPU-Z speed.

I think it is because I started up the computer at 2960MHz and then used uGuru to run it at 3280. Anyways you'll have to take my word for it.

However, My OCing is going to have to stop because I have to RMA my mobo. :(
It is stuck is stuck in some sort of constant Clear CMOS state unless I lightly touch the Clear CMOS switch on the backplate of the Motherboard.

Lookin good. It's a shame your mobo is giving you problems.
I never booted mine at stock speeds either. Mine started life at 2.8.:D

Edit: You must have read the stability standard thread.;)

I just realized something really weird....

I just stopped my ORTHOS windows (9+hours btw) and realized that my core temps dropped from their load temp ,53+C, to their idle temps, 35C, in about 5 seconds... A similar thing happens when I start ORTHOS... immediate toastyness...

Is this just the Temp software being weird or is this a common occurance.

PS I am using CoreTemp 0.95 and abit's uGuru software for checking temps

This is 100% normal :) Usually it will continue to raise or lower for a minute or two, but it should reach very close to it's max/min temps almost immediately.

Yeah the temps do the same on all c2ds I think.
It's takes a bit of getting used to. The last p4 I had would have a gradual rise. My conroe just jumps right up there, and back down. It's normal.

minor update... I have run this up to 3376 (still at stock volts according to the load voltages read by the motherboard, 1.41v in BIOS). All I ran was superPi 2M (36.156s).

Didn't want to get too into OCing it cause I have to return my motherboard (faulty CMOS Clear Switch). I will post more in a week or two...

monolith.jpg

Back