• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EOC F@H stats gadget for Vista Sidebar!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
ok, the sidebar gadget for the EOC F@H stats is pretty much finished, at least the v 1.0. I'll be posting it up sometimes today or tomorrow.

snapshot2.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
Version:
v1.0 initial release.
v2.0 added team stats and hardcoded the unique URL so only user name & team number is needed. also, re-calculated update timer so it will update 20mins after every EOC update. oh, repackage the gadget, this time, it will install into the correct directory too!

EDIT: approved from Live.com

installation instruction:

~ go download & install the gadget from here.

~ input your user name & team number.

~ that's it!! ;)

MANY TKS to Jason over at EOC for all his help!!! :beer:

Last edited:
temporary uploaded for those who wants to be the first to try it out before it goes public.

please do give me feed back, comment, improvement, etc. for the future version!

:cool:

Shelnutt2 said:
Is this open source? You should release it under the GPL!
I'll ask my GF. butl, it's just a gadget.

edit: don't count me on the open source thingy as like pretty much all gadget is not open source and purely written from the creator, she might not want to release the source code tho.
Sleepy_Steve said:
If I have a question about the unique URL...

Something like this is not it because it uses some php stuff in the URL?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=200497
no, it will be like this:
# XML URL: http_://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/xml/(Unique URL)/user_summary.php?u=32334

the (Unique URL) will be some random number & letter.

Last edited:
hmmm...... guess not much people interested huh....?? may be b/c of not much people here using Vista?? :rolleyes:

well, XP/Mac version of this gadget is at work using Yahoo's Widget engine. stay tune..... ;)

p.s. now since this gadget is posted in public (@ FCF forum at least), you might want to go ahead and request your own unique url from Jason @ EOC first!! 'cos I'm sure he'll be busying reply to everyone's request!! (plus, since it's just a favor from him, who know when he'll pull the plug and not providing you a personal unique url!)

LandShark said:
hmmm...... guess not much people interested huh....?? may be b/c of not much people here using Vista??

Looks excellent LS! :beer: I just don't have any Vista machines. :D And being a coder myself, I appreciate your GF's work. Very Nice! :clap:

It doesn't install. It downloads and 'installs' but then nothing happens. It doesn't show on the sidebar, nor shows up under gadgets. I tried three times, even after a reboot. Running Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 32-bit on the laptop in my sig...

btw - I have UAC disabled

Lancelot said:
It doesn't install. It downloads and 'installs' but then nothing happens. It doesn't show on the sidebar, nor shows up under gadgets. I tried three times, even after a reboot. Running Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 32-bit on the laptop in my sig...

btw - I have UAC disabled
follow this path (either from run command or on the address bar) -->
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets

and cut and paste the F@H gadget up one level.

instead of \M$\windows sidebar\gadgets\Fah gadget\Fah gadget\files

it should be \M$\windows sidebar\gadgets\Fah gadget\files

somehow the package from Live.com is wrong..... :-/

OK now it runs! The files were one folder too deep indeed. I mailed Jason so now I'm waiting for my XML code...

Last edited:
Lancelot said:
OK now it runs! The files were one folder too deep indeed. I mailed Jason so now I'm waiting for my XML code...
good, let me know how it goes and if it works for you!! :)

p.s. working on v.2 right now which will included switchable between user and team stats!! ;)

This is Jason's reply:

"Please tell LandShark to use the URL I gave him in his widget for everyone,
I'm not going to create a new URL for every person using the same widget.

Jason"

So now what?!

Lancelot said:
This is Jason's reply:

"Please tell LandShark to use the URL I gave him in his widget for everyone,
I'm not going to create a new URL for every person using the same widget.

Jason"

So now what?!
ok, try to put this in the unique url field along w/ your own user name and team # and tell me if it works for you!

unique URL -->> 2Vh3Pz

Last edited:
ok, now's it's even easier to install!!

you'll no longer need to request a personal unique url from Jason @ EOC.

just use this unique url instead --> 2Vh3Pz

;)

Back