• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally hit 500 FSB with my QX6700!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

Finally hit 500 fsb 1:1 with my quad. I had to change the NB refrence voltage to .063 and she booted into Vista fine. I played an hour of titan quest no problems. I will prime while at work.

Attachments

• 500fsb.jpg
    500fsb.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 372
Very nice indeed. It's very hard to clock those quads because they get hot very quickly :) But from what I see in your sig, it's on water so it should be pretty cool..

Thanks, When I left for work she was priming at 64-65-67-72c , One core is alway 6-7c hotter than my lowest one.

That's pretty warm and your on water.

Wonder what your temps would be with a Ultra-120 Extreme?

Least not the only one that feels bad that on water (well you have a quad at least) and run really warm. Heck I run warmer on water than air, but benifit is that I cool my GPU.

Nasgul said:
P5K-DLX, the best boards for overclocking a Quad-Core processor, and some people just don't understand that.
more like p35 is the best of ocing a quad. while asus pumps out bios's left and right.

this guy here is the only one i could find with a ip35-pro and quad.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2257201&postcount=119
seems his good ram has bit the dust so 490mhz, though once you hit 500 the 1333fsb strap is forced. you would be better of running 499mhz since its still on the 1066 strap.

Hazaro said:
PCI-E bandwidth is 1x in that photo, up to 110?

Nice Catch! I didnt notice that Yes I am running at 111mhz on my pci-e bus.

I will have to check into that when I get home.

BTW it 90 degrees here in Charlotte this am so those are my down south summer temps:)

Evilsizer - I read eva2000's post and will back it down to 499. i just wanted to see my quad at the magical 500fsb.

yea seeing 500mhz is nice but i wonder what 500+fsb speed would we need to match 499mhz, cause of the strap change.

How stable is that? Something you can run 24/7 running apps and games? Or is this strictly for benchmark purposes? Sometimes I get confused if people OC with stability for gaming and such, or just enough stability to run SuperPi or 3D Marks or whatever the benchmark is. If someone could clear this common misconception for me up that would be great. Very nice OC by the way :)

Beautiful! :clap:

Where do you get memory that does 1/2 ghz at 4-4-4-9?

I think its been shown that more FSB doesn't improve performance beyond 1:1 so why dumb the processor down to 7x? I assume Intel has picked the optimum setting of 10x for a 266 FSB, so it seems the best results should be achieved by overclocking at the optimum multiplier. Which would mean a 350 FSB?

Last edited:
orion456 said:
Beautiful! :clap:

Where do you get memory that does 1/2 ghz at 4-4-4-9?

I think its been shown that more FSB doesn't improve performance beyond 1:1so why dumb the processor down to 7x?

I know my memory is good up to 485Mhz with 4-4-4-8 and thats 4Gigs of memory my old Mobo wouldn't go any faster than that though.

PrometheuSBoxeR said:
How stable is that? Something you can run 24/7 running apps and games? Or is this strictly for benchmark purposes? Sometimes I get confused if people OC with stability for gaming and such, or just enough stability to run SuperPi or 3D Marks or whatever the benchmark is. If someone could clear this common misconception for me up that would be great. Very nice OC by the way :)
well i can run 7x476mhz=3.33ghz 24/7 no problem. i have been a bit lazy on getting the rest of my benches done for my ip35-pro thread. got that on the books for this weekend or if i lucky i can get some done each night this week.
orthos will be the time taker since i go for 8hr + stability.

PrometheuSBoxeR said:

Thanks, that 24/7, my normal 24/7 is 450x8 at 3600. I run it 3800+ for benching and try to indicate that when I post . I don't want people to get the wrong imppression and think they are going to be running some piece of hardware at some crazy speed 24/7.

Back