• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Overclock 8800 Series (Sticky)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
...a proposed sticky anyway.

Hilight brought this to my attention:

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=133

It's a guide to how the core and memory timings work for the 8800 GTX. I tested them on the 8800 GTS 640 as well, and they still hold true. (I'll leave it up to someone with a 320 to tell me if they work across the board. I know they changed the strap with the Ultra.)

I figured this would be a good place to start answering a frequently asked question:

How do you overclock the 8800 Series?

As of 06-08-2007 Coolbits does not function with the latest 8800 drivers (a new version is said to be on the way.)

I've heard that it's still possible to overclock using ATI TOOL, SYSTOOL, and of course Riva Tuner.

This guide will cover fan speed, clock timings, OC stability testing, bios flashing, and... as always comments.

(That is... once I have a chance to work on it....)

The same holds true for 7900gt, 7800gt, and many ATI cards I have had in the past (9800 pro)

maybe not the same numbers, but the same concept.

Back