• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your old / "vintage" OC gears here !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bing

Low Profile Senior
Was searching for some tools in my closet, found some old OC gears in the shoe box here that is long forgotten.

Really, suddenly I feel very old now ! :(

Share your old OC gears snapshot here too ! I believe many of you still have more exotic stuffs there ! So please ! :D

Guess some of you might recognize some of this stuff don't you ? :)
SM DSC_0090.JPG

Proof that this aint old pic shot, latest LGA775 Intel Stock HSF at upper left corner.
SM DSC_0091.JPG

My favorite from it's golden era !
SM DSC_0092.JPG

Details from above PAL6035, just love those tight hexagonal fins ! Was state of the art at it's time !
SM DSC_0092 FIN.JPG

Another favorites from slot era ! Copper seamless join with the aluminium ! I believe some of the youngster never seen slot cpu before ! :D
SM DSC_0093.JPG

Last edited:
More ...

Ever seen CPU HSF assembled in India ? This is it ! Again, another favorite HSF since it's so quite and effective at that time.
SM DSC_0094.JPG

Now you know why I never buy big tube of thermal goop anymore, still got 2 full tubes here. :confused:
Latest AS 5 and it's grand-grand father from 1st generation, hand packaged & sent by Nevin Hause him self. (PS: Nevin is the Arctic Silver founder)
SM DSC_0096.JPG

PS: To MOD, all these pics are below 50K each, so don't worry !

Last edited:
now THATS some old stuff. looks pretty cool too. Not too much old gear for me.

Note to you; this should be in Computer related discussion. Mods: dont delete this, just move it, id like to see some pictures of older stuff :D

Don't hate, I sold my main rig and pressed my collectors items back into service. I'm typing this on a Maxtor 80 gig IDE, a A7V266C board, XP2400 (not so out dated) 768 megs of Corsair XMS and its cooled by the upgrade PAL8045 or whatever the heck the bigger 80mm one was called, I actually have 2 of them.

Uhh behind me I have a functional board with dual P3 450's on it.

File server is Dual p3 800's

Laptop is a P3 500
Oldest laptop is a OLD Dell lattitude with at best a P2 in it.

I have a P1 sitting on the shelf beside me, I have a Slot 1 adaptor in my toolbox, need I keep going?

nvidiaOCmaster said:
my main rig uses a maxtor 80 gig IDE for storage :(

While they of course don't have as low of a latency as a Raptor, they are good for what they are!

They gotten good benchies for 7,200 RPM HDDs.

In fact, Maxtors can kick a Raptor 36GB's arse when it comes to STR!

Haha, 300A, the chip that revolutionized overclocking. I have an S3 Savage 3d sitting in my room I realized a second ago, for another piece of throwback hardware.

Guys, pic please ! Just the OC stuffs part, not the stock one ! :)

Indeed, that legendary 300A ignited the explosion of the mass OC Community world wide. :D

@speed bump, what OC gear you used on that beast ? Non stock HSF ? Mind post the pic please, just the OC (non stock) stuffs from that rig if any ! :D

Talking bout 300A, mine is gone now and still feel sad for throwing it into the garbage years ago ! That is still an OC collector's item. :(

I'm going to dig some of my old stuff out and take pics and post too I see. I've had some of those heatsinks that bing posted myself, including the Agilent Arcticooler (which was good for it's time) and the Alpha PAL6035.

MadMan007 said:
So only after-market or non-stock stuff allowed BING?

Sure MM ! :) C'mon that ain't rule ! As long it's old enough prolly 3 or 4 generations maybe? Just OC "related" stuffs only.

So please, expecting your pics here ! :D

well.. no pic, but i haven't visited or posted here in 3 years and the gear in my sig is turning vintage.. kinda.

i just ordered new stuff from newegg and am glad these forums are still around (-:

Sneaker said:
well.. no pic, but i haven't visited or posted here in 3 years and the gear in my sig is turning vintage.. kinda.

i just ordered new stuff from newegg and am glad these forums are still around (-:

LOL, check out my sig, I feel so dated.

I guess this counts, running a 386 caseless. 1996 Putting down SUSE 2.4 or some very early version. Had to uses a German dictionary. Poor picture because taken with one of the first digital cameras affordable at the time the Kodak dc20. Notice the boxes of floppies!

Attachments

• icom2.jpg
    icom2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 2,264
Back