• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tale of Two Towers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bing

Low Profile Senior
HHH = Heavy Heatsink Hater ;)

The Tuniq Tower and it's supporting tower ! :D

A quick hack using L shapes aluminium bars and worry no more stressing my "mother" !

I know, never heard any incidents or bad story nor affect it's performance, its just I hate that feeling after seeing it was hanging there without firm support. :-/

It is adjustable almost on any directions and the Tuniq isn't attach to it, just lay down on that L shaped support platform that covered with neoprene. !

TOTT1.jpg

Without that supporting tower, my Tuniq will tilt down because of it's weight about 2 mm measured from the edge ! :rolleyes:

Edit :

Updated with few pics.

The supporting L bar is layered with neoprene pads.
HHH Holding Plate.jpg

Other angles
HHH Structure.jpg

Last edited:
Not exactly blocking the intake side fan since mine is located near 4:30 O'clock from the Tuniq, or side by side with that supporting tower. :)

Anyway, as I said its "adjustable", if needed, I can push further that tower deeper in the case (push towards that GFX card with black fan).

Nice, I'll probably just cut a piece of wood when I'm needing to get a huge heatsink.

Thanks for the nice words !

Actually that is "Version 4" .. lol ! :D

Previous versions were so simple and was a total failures since they're not flexible enough, and was having difficulties to "perfectly" align with the Tuniq supporting side. So I made "adjustment" points at almost all axis and fastening points that I could think of or at least possible using that simple L bars. :D

The bottom bar position can be also shifted in or out or rotate to find the "perfect" alignment for the top L supporting bar which will "perfectly" hold the Tuniq firmly.

Anothing thing is, it is far enough not to make any problem with huge GFX card.

Just watch those adjusting points to imagine the fastening process, a perfect support alignment and also perfect force on touching the Tuniq's side.

Last edited:
Able72 said:
you care to make one to sell?

Whoa ! I'm honoured to hear that !

Unfortunately I don't have the time, it was made during my leave period. C'mon, by looking at that pic you can easily make one using simple tool such as drill, dremel (to cut that long adjustment hole) and drill two holes at the bottom of the casing. Mine took about 2 hours.

Whoa ! I'm honoured to hear that !

Unfortunately I don't have the time, it was made during my leave period. C'mon, by looking at that pic you can easily make one using simple tool such as drill, dremel (to cut that long adjustment hole) and drill two holes at the bottom of the casing. Mine took about 2 hours.

Problem is, I don't own a power drill, or a dremel. That plus the cost of materials would put my total cost for that support tower to what? $50 if I got a cheap drill? I'll try and think of something.

Well no vibration at all, but again, that Tuniq side (bottom) is laying firmly (not too tight and not too loose) on neoprene pads that is layered on that inner side of that big L shapes bar which supports it. Sorta dampening/bumpering layer.

Neoprene Layered.JPG

Last edited:
very nice.....for my titan amanda i just got a zip tie and wrapped it round my psu lol.

Thanks Sam ! Any chance share a pic of that ghetto mod ? Might help others someday. :D

Hrm I like this Bing. I am recently sharing your paranoia over something going wrong. I am in the market for one of those motorcycle manifolds as well...

Thanks for the ideas.

CC.

Very cool! Looks good and I like the adjustability. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but ended up just bolting my backplate to my motherboard tray. That doesn't stop it from potentially tilting some though, just takes stress off the motherboard from me moving my PC. Nice system :)

Thanks, yeah that adjustability also can accomodate other large tower heatsink type.

The last two screws at the main shaft (up/down adjustment) were the last to get fasten while the casing was laying horizontally.

Nice work.

I am just curious what prompted you to do this? I have been using a Tuniq unsupported (stock install hardware) since the thing was released and I have yet to have any issues with it. I can understand if you move your case a lot, but other than that... why?

Back