• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

usps insurance claim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobydoo

i mailed out a 100% functional lcd last week and the buyer(from another forum) has indicated that the lcd does not work:(

it was packed well in the original box so it must have been handled poorly or dropped:(

i put $200 insurance on the lcd, which is more than i sold it for($160) and we may have to file a claim on it:(

this is the first shipping issue i have ever had so i have no experiance dealing with usps claims:(

has anyone filed a usps claim before? is it easy or a pia?

:(:(:(:(

From what I recall it's fairly easy. I did have to provide proof of the value of then item. You probably won't get $200 for it, but if you can prove it was worth $160 then you'll probably get that back. Just go up to your USPS office and explain and document the situation.

Ive had the same problem. I didn't get the insured value but the value of the item at time of purchase. I remember them saying something along the lines of; if it is more than a year old they hold the right to prorate the item to what they believe it is worth.

It took a looong time though, at least a month. I would once a week go and give the postmaster the evil eye.

good luck. I hate the postal service. ;)

Last edited:
thanks, from what i understand he needs to take the monitor to the post office and go from there

i am mailing him a copy of the original receipt(i paid $300+ for it) and the paypal shipping info showing $200 insurance

hopefully that will be enough to settle this quickly, i feel bad cause i have a feeling he thinks i just sent him a broken monitor and i'm telling him to deal with it:(

scoobydoo said:
thanks, from what i understand he needs to take the monitor to the post office and go from there

i am mailing him a copy of the original receipt(i paid $300+ for it) and the paypal shipping info showing $200 insurance

hopefully that will be enough to settle this quickly, i feel bad cause i have a feeling he thinks i just sent him a broken monitor and i'm telling him to deal with it:(

scooby,

Unfortunately, since he is the recipient, he has to deal with it from his end. Tell him don't throw out any of the shipping materials and the shipping box. Photograph it!

It's the same with everyone including the USPS. Don't throw out anything!

Back