• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VISTA and Brand New DVD Drive Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leaddraft

My other drive died, the cd lazer died..
I purchased this drive-----> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827129001
The drive isn't DOA, checked on another puter..
It WILL boot up the Vista dvd on this one..

Vista "sees" the drive, though loading the "drivers" I'm getting a Code 39, (corrupted drivers)..
Sees the drive in device manager, but NOT under "My computer" window...
:eh?:

Ideas?
I tried Regeristy edit,, found the "Lower case" filters but not the "upper case" filters...
No go on that...

:bang head

Should have got a Plextor PX-755SA :p.
No seriously that is just wierd... I would blame Vista for that problem (since I hate it so much and actually like Pioneer)
If you can find a Sata Burner for reasonable that might be something to look at. I guess I have been lucky with Vista and only had trouble with my video card.

There is something else going on, because I see other people running Vista and using the DVR-111D

Check IDE drivers. Check PIO/DMA mode also.

well mine is an LG

but what do u mean by:
Check IDE drivers. Check PIO/DMA mode also.

Edit #1
I installed the latest VIA Hyperion drivers... still no worky :(

Last edited:
^^^^^
I did the above....
NO GO...
I did solve my problem though..
I reformatted and reloaded VISTA..
Drive works perfect, I can't be more pleased with it ATM..
IMOP, I think this warrents further research, pretaining too changing Hardware W/Vista OS Installed....
Guess what I'm trying too say is that, switching out hardware isn't/IS going too become a issue with this OS?

:confused:

:bang head I also want too mention,,
I performed a system restore to the date of Installtion,
Tried a System "repair"
Ran Diag from the disk...
Tried regedit...
PIO/DMA mode
Researched throughly for any soluation<sp> on the Manufactures site/M$ site...

It's the darndest thing I've ever seen.
Windows could "see" the drive in Device manager, but NOT under "my computer Window"
"Code 39" in the device manager properties, Windows drivers were in loading, no matter how I tried...
go figure..
:bang head

Are you sure you have stable memory? its kinda weird to have so many dead drives. BUrn a copy of memtest see what that does for you.

i work at a computer company and we've noticed that a few computers that have installed nero in vista, that the nero installed screws up cd and dvd drives and prevents them from working and shows them with some sort of error, have you guys installed nero or another burning software on the computer.. nero supposedly has no fix for this yet, other than reinstalling vista and NOT installed the dvd burning software...

no nero for me, all i know it was working for a bit, i installed HL2, but a week later went to try to use driver and nothing in my computer and driver error in device manager :(

imposter said:
Load in safe mode and try to clear out the drivers without the drive attached. Look for registry files clear out nero. IF www.ccleaner.com works for VIsta run an issue scan. see if that helps you.
yeah I did that too...
Reformat did the trick...
:confused:

Well i hope you didn't have any important data. I am working on a thread that reinstalls windows without losing data. You just have to reinstall your programs. glad to hear it was fixed, nero should address this issue with a WARNing! on their page or something !

SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME :)

Go to the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553

pretty much all it is a couple of reg keys that are screwed up, once u delete them your DVD player should should up again \o/

UPDATE!!!

Looks like ITunes was the program responsible for this, cause since i deleted the reg keys it is yapping at me about it can't use it's burning software, No a problem for me tho

Last edited:
Back