• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan for Intel 4Pin CPU Fan Header

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supershanks

Just nicely built the rig in siggy. I'm an intel newbie moving from amd 939. The thing that caught me out is the 4 pin intel cpu fan header, which i belive is for PWM fans. I'm using a Thermalright ultra 120. Reading the Intel 4 pin header Now the fan just works at full speedm, which i don't want. I'd like the fan to be controlled by the mobo with the Q-fan feature which is now running my other case fans. I could bypass this by putting the fan on a 3 pin header, but would prefer to do the job properly but have no idea where to source a decent 120mm PWM fan in the uk.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated

HeHe:) Thanks archilochus, I saw that earlier it's the closest i've got. Think they will deliver to the uk, may be using them in the end.

cheers :)

I just bought a AC Freezer Pro 64, it has PWM fan control, I wondered what the hell the 4 pin connector was for at first.

The s775 equivilent probably has the PWM fan control aswell, although I'm guessing you want to keep your current heatsink.

Why not just use SpeedFan or similar to control fan speed? Or set it up to control fan speed for you :)

Hi Clockwork yep there are a few coolers around with PWM fans, Stock Intel cooler, Zalman9500 & a few others use a 4 pin pwm fans.

Like i said at the beginning
I'd like the fan to be controlled by the mobo with the Q-fan feature which is now running my other case fans. I could bypass this by putting the fan on a 3 pin header, but would prefer to do the job properly
The Q-Fan Has 4 temp sensors that are polled & fan speed adjusted accordingly. 1 of these is the CPU fan, but to do this it uses the 4pin header.

I'm guessing you want to keep your current heatsink.
HeHe:D yep it ain't run 24hrs yet:)

Back