• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for case recc' for a new laptop...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silenzzzz

in the next week my new laptop should be here ... so i need to start looking for a decent case for it ... since i will be carryin it around from time to time at work ... (along with a 3 ring binder and some other paperwork)

the laptop is a
Dell Inspiron 6400 w 15.4 screen ...

most of the cases i have had in the past were either way to bulky or to small and flimsy ...

i am considering a backpack style case mostly for portability and still can have my hands free if i need to ...

browsed through what selection newegg had ... but just curious as to what ya use? or what would you reccomend ... looking to try to keep the price under 100 if at all possible.

i bought my laptop backpack from ebags.com
http://www.ebags.com/backpacks/laptop_backpacks/category_search/index.cfm?N=2003825
theres a laptop case finder, all u do is pick the laptop u have, and it'll limit the search to what ever fits your laptop

i got the ebag macroloader, its HUGE, and fits all my stuff and then some, and the quality is amazing, i would totally suggest any any ebag make, probably not the macroloader, unless you're carrying a lot of stuff like me.
make sure to look at the reviews and ratings when picking out what you want and if u decide to buy something, check it out with google to get 20 bucks off. they also give you the lowest price on any other brand backpack, if you can find it anywhere else for cheaper, they'll give you a discount (trust me, you won't find anything cheaper, i spent a long time looking for backpacks for my laptop)

I have this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834997649

It looks big in the picture but when it only has a laptop and cables its fairly small. It holds more than it looks like. My laptop, cables, 2 college books a note book and calculator with plenty of room to spare.It has the main pocket, 2 side pockets on one side and just a single on the other. On the top flap it has a small pocket for an mp3 player or whatever. I had a targus over the sholder bag for a while and it was ok but perfer the backpack a lot better.

yeah i see about the pricing now ... that one from Tc3 looks about like what i am wanting ... enough room for the laptop and a 3 ring binder and a few other things but still stay kinda small ... will have to make for sure it will fit my laptop ... what size is yours Tc? ... i have heard a few people with the one i have have issues with it not fitting in some 15.4 cases (i guess because it is a widescreen)

if you don't mind Tc3 that would be great ... my laptop shipment got bumped up almost a week ... according to the tracking # it will be here tomorrow =P

as for get a slip? i haven't heard that term before ... sounds like just a simple padded case .. am i correct? ... haven't really looked at those at all yet .. or at other backpacks in general yet .. just been focusing on ones for laptops .. if this one doesn't turn out to be something that will work then i may go that route ...

Ok, here we go:
Full
IMG_8460.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

Empty
IMG_8461.jpg

Thats 25 pounds of stuff that I had in there. It feels very sturdy carrying it by the top handle or the sholder straps.

Back