• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sentinel - Midtower Quad-SLI WC and Vapochill Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grayscale

Registered
Iwaki watercooled quad-sli and vapochill crammed into a mid-tower? Impossible... or is it? Well, I'll say this - it can be done, but only with an inhuman amount of patience, attention to detail, and small hands (which I don't have)

Hours spent - ~70 total over 4 weeks
Cuts on hands- 6
Boxes in trash - 33
Cost of components - $8,336
Cost of caffiene - $30
System weight - ~90 lbs.

It's done... and only about a month late! This is easily the most difficult and time time consuming PC project I've done, it never seemed to be done.

The highlight of the project is the pump location (we put a huge Iwaki into 5.25" bays 3 and 4, as well as the tubing on the top to the beefy radiator in the rear, accented by a UV hard drive indicator.

Initial 3dmark06 scores with zero tweaks on XP SP1 - 10,700~

Specs are as follows:

Platform:

Asus P5N32-SLI Premium
Intel Core Duo 2 Extreme X6800 @ 4.2ghz
4gb Corsair XMS2 @840mhz 5-5-5-18
2x 150gb Western Digital Raptor-X ADHD in RAID-0
2x XFX 7950GX2 Xtreme in Quad-SLI @ 600/1600

Cooling, case, and power:

Lian-li PC70b
Mushkin Enhanced 650w
Asetek Vapochill Lightspeed
2x DangerDen GX2 GPU blocks
Iwaki 20RLZ @ 1/2" Tygon
BIX III

sentinel1xy5.jpg

sentinel2fy4.jpg

sentinel4vr0.jpg

sentinel3mv3.jpg

sentinel5zb0.jpg

:drool:

That is sooo... awesome.:drool: Vapochill/Watercooled QUAD Freaking SLI. Jeebus. 4GB RAM? Haha, I think it needs a "Vista Ready" sticker lol.

Very fine work, I like how you placed the Iwaki pump and the radiator. Both fine choices I have to say.

Now post more pics!

That last picture witht he monitor looks like one of those movies where the people are sucked intot he computer and put into some weird game.. LOL.. its all.. mysterious looking.. But yeah! I love the pictures.

i wouldnt post too much info to the ocforum members about that pc....one morning you might wake up and it wont be there :eek:

thats a godly pc. I would have called it "Juggernaut"

I would seriously spend a hundred or two more and spend it on a better camera while your at it.. Those pictures do no justice.

It beautiful, very nicely done.

Although I would maybe consider trying to clean up some of the stray wiring it kind of takes away from how pretty the WCing and the vapochill routing look.

Femto said:
:drool:

That is sooo... awesome.:drool: Vapochill/Watercooled QUAD Freaking SLI. Jeebus. 4GB RAM? Haha, I think it needs a "Vista Ready" sticker lol.

Very fine work, I like how you placed the Iwaki pump and the radiator. Both fine choices I have to say.

Now post more pics!

Yea, 4gb is massive overkill for most games but I run some netsim software which needs it... this way I can run Vista and a memory intensive game like 64 player BF 2142, which a 2gb system would probably run out and take a small performance hit.

Yea, and I know my camera sucks, but I'm not a photographer. I'll try and borrow one and get some better pictures.

Yours > Mine

I have to say that even though I'm not a huge fan of expensive SLI setups (let alone Quad SLI) that is impressive.

Back