• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Temp - A program for accurate Intel temperature monitoring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

"Core Temp" - A program for accurate Core based CPU temperature monitoring

Download Core Temp v1.18.1

This program lets you monitor Intel's Core, Xeon, Pentium, Celeron and Atom series, AMD Ryzen, APU, FX, Phenom, Athlon64 and later VIA C7 and Nano chips' die temperature.
The temperature readings are very accurate as the data is collected from a Digital Thermal Sensor (or DTS) which is located in each individual processing core, near the hottest part.
For more information click here

There is also an article posted about Core Temp and a little background on standard thermal sensors - Article
Please help out Core Temp popularity by Digging it.

If you find any bugs, please post it in the "Bugs" section ASAP!
Any suggestions on improvements or ideas are welcome in the "Development" section.
Note 1: Please read the ReadMe!.txt file for some useful tips.

Are you a developer yourself and have ideas for new features?
Click here for information about developing your own plugins for Core Temp.

What's new:

Version 1.18.1 - 24th September, 2023

- Fix: Do not display TDP and TjMax for Zen and Zen+ CPUs
- Fix: Incorrect BCLK on legacy (Pre-Zen) AMD CPUs
- Fix: Check for updates feature

Version 1.18 - 4th December, 2022

*** Core Temp Monitor is now available, Windows Phone and Android apps apps to monitor your machines from anywhere in the world!
More information is available here

- New: AMD Zen 4, Zen 3 APU and Zen 2 APU support
- New: Intel Raptor Lake and Alder Lake support
- New: TDP, TjMax, multiplier range detection on desktop AMD Zen platforms

- Fix: Address the kernel-mode driver vulnerability/exploitation issues
- Fix: Redesign Bclk detection on all AMD platforms starting from the Phenom series
- Fix: Workaround the Bclk detection issues on Intel Skylake and newer series
- Fix: Bclk detection on older Intel platforms, utilizing x2Apic configuration
- Fix: Thread count on Intel hybrid architectures (Raptor/Alder Lake)
- Fix: Improve support for multiple older AMD and Intel processors
- Fix: Base multiplier detection on AMD Zen processors
- Fix: Incorrect temperature on AMD Zen processors (missing -49C offset)
- Fix: Engineering Sample recognition on newer Intel processors
- Fix: Multiple minor bugs

- Change: Windows Vista 64-bit is no longer supported

Older versions

Last edited:
You gotta be kiddin me... WHERE YOU BEEN! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERBODY here knows about Coretemp! I thought you were "The Coolest"! You supposed to know what's going down! Now how are we gone hit all the late night underground parties in Bangkock if you don't have none of the info?

My name is Arthur Liberman, so if you read the About box that would ring a bell ;)

This is a new version, check it out

I've never been able to get this to open on my dual opteron system. I open it and nothing ever happens...seems to crash before anything can come up. Although it does show an icon in the systray that disappears once I mouse over it (because it's not running anymore)

Anyone know why this program reports different temps than TAT? These are supposedly the 2 most accurrate programs out there for C2D but they are still in fact different...

Temperature locations and names "according to Intel" (captured from their tech journal).

Temp Locations.PNG

bing said:
Temperature locations and names "according to Intel" (captured from their tech journal).

well then the prog isn't reading it correctly i guess, because mine is ALWAYS 85c. or is that the way its supposed to be?

hUMANbEATbOX said:
well then the prog isn't reading it correctly i guess, because mine is ALWAYS 85c. or is that the way its supposed to be?

It reads temperatures just fine with my e6300.

My guess it's your motherboard. Flash to the newest BIOS?

I thought that it was the max the CPU could handle.

I really hate the 1 - 2 degree delta between the cores. Bad design, me thinks.

benbaked said:
Does Core Temp show Presler core temps?
No, this feature is not supported in Presler or older, they implemented it first in the Core Duo/Solor (Yonah) and continued with Core 2 Duo (Conroe).

brywalker said:
I thought that it was the max the CPU could handle.

I really hate the 1 - 2 degree delta between the cores. Bad design, me thinks.

Actually a Delta of 1-2 degrees is very good.

Thanks for the update. Any chance you can modify code to allow Live vcore monitoring and updates along with the temperature? CoreTemp seems to simply pull the bios vcore and keep it as a static number.

Thanks for the great software.

Dom

Krogen said:
It reads temperatures just fine with my e6300.

My guess it's your motherboard. Flash to the newest BIOS?

its showing my temps just fine as well, i'm talking about the Tjunction....does yours change? and yes my bios is up to date. ;)

Back