• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blacker Stacker.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIG RIDER

I wanted a black stacker when I got mine, but could not find one at the time. For just under a year I have looked at my case
wishing it was all black but too scared of screwing up the paint if I did it myself.
Well I finally grew a pair and started a project that I could enjoy.
--------------"Blacker Stacker"---------------
This is my old setup and stock stacker.

I started early one Saturday and ripped the old RIG down to parts and pieces and started cutting the stock blow hole to fit a 120mm fan, trying to use the stock mesh cover that came on the back 120mm fan and add a fill port. And if you didn't already notice I forgot to take some photos along the way. As in it's now black. All the cuts were made before paint.

After banging my big hands against the power supply rack, it had to go.

Next it was time to see if I knew how to read a tape. The fillport and res didn't hit, lucky me.

Next I started to see how lighting was going to look. Yes I like blue. Black and blue, maybe I should call it "Bruiser".

More to come.

Last edited:
jet black cases look brilliant with blue led fans.

check sig link to see a small mid tower-atx version of what your doing.

Thank you. I still want to change a few things, like the power for the v-cards and add ram sinks to the v-cards. I think I should change the yellow ide to a black ribbon and fold him out of site behind the mobo. EDIT: I started looking at the pics and thought,"Doh! I didn't post a photo with the yellow ide cable in it". lol. Boy do I feel stupid.:bang head :bang head :bang head

Last edited:
Phrenetical said:
you should paint the hdd bay cage black as well.

and throw a dual BLUE cold cathode kit in there.

looking smick.

Oh yah totally agree. I paint all my cases black now in cluding motherboard tray :)

I dont know what smick means, but if it means cool.. then hell yah :)

looks like you got quite the kink going GPU->GPU.

Otherwise, very nice setup. Although I do prefer red on black. Red's just too hard to find though.

Looking great! I was in the same boat. I couldn't find the black version locally when I bought my case. I'd like to paint mine black as well in the future. I've also thought about enlarging the top fan to 120mm, but I've settled for cutting out the mesh screen and putting in a better 80mm fan for now. In the future, I think I might put a PA120.3 radiator up there if I ever put aside the money to buy one.

Back