• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright HR-03 - x1k Owners Rejoice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
found this while browsing at sidewinder computers today:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thhr.html

Thermalright HR-03

sidewindercomputers_1918_5754132

Product Description & Info

Definitely a world first and a first for Thermalright, the HR-03 VGA cooler can be run passively or accommodate a 92 mm fan. The HR-03 can be mounted in two ways also, which is a key factor for SLI users. The compatibilities of this VGA cooler have been enhanced to support all the latest cards as well. See the HR-03 for yourself below, we installed it on a BFG 7900 GT-OC, paired with one of our Akasa 92mm Amber series fans.

* Designed to work fan-less or with a 92mm fan at low RPM for low-noise operation and higher performance
* Proprietary through holes on fins for efficient ventilation and proficient cooling
* 4 innovative designed heat pipes (2 U-shaped and 2 N-shaped heat pipes) for thorough heat distribution across multiple fins
* Two ways of mounting the cooler on video card for best space and configuration management
* Light weight and easy no-tool installation
* Vast compatibility with system cases (ATX & BTX)
* SLI/Crossfire friendly for those serious gaming enthusiasts
* Cosmetically contoured design for that vanity look

hr032.jpg

hr031.jpg

Technical Specifications

Dimension

L133 x W156 x H38 mm (heatsink only)

Weight:

350g (heatsink only)

Compatibilities

ATI:
X1300TD, X1600TD, X1600XT, X1800XL, X1800XT, X1900XT, X1900XTX,X1950,X1900GT

NVIDIA:
6800, 6800TD, 6800XT ,6800GT ,7800GT,7800GTX ,7600GS ,7600GT ,7900GT ,7900GTX ,7900GS,7950GT

HR-03 $46.95

Judging by the 4-heapipe design and 92mm fan compatibility - this looks to be the first TRUE, GOOD air cooling solution (other than the noisy azz stock HSF) for owners of ATI X1800 and X1900 series cards :)

If I didn't have water cooling, I'd be jumping on this right now!

It looks like my AeroCool VM-101 VGA cooler that I paid like, $15 for.

I have no clue how it would have performed on a X1800 or X1900 card though.

it looks amazing, I would deff. mount a 120mm fan on it. I wonder how much better it is than my v1 ultra.

Veeeery interesting- I want to see two of those on a SLI/Crossfire setup (since they claim that it is "friendly" to those sorts of configurations.) I wonder how much room would be left between cards, and how temps would be affected?

Neat, I like the fin directions, may be it's possible to run a fan so you can blow air across the HS, and out of the case through the PCI slots.

I'd just really hate not having that heat immediately vented out.

Anyway, nice work Thermalright!

(OWCH! $50!!) Where's my stock AMD heatsink?

then again...if nvidia's new card is going to have a watercooler, and ati's card is going to be even hotter than that....I wonder if even THIS will be enough for those monsters. These top end coolers cost just about as much as top end waterblocks, I might as well go watercooling and get much better temps.

=[ i dont want to replace my vf1 plus lol but wow i would get that only thing is i dont think i have enough room to have that on lol. maybe fanless but probably cant fit fan on it =[

hmm it can go this way as well i guess

000000040366.jpg

Last edited:
flat ram heatsink to fit nice when you have facing the front. i might have to save up and buy this to try and run video card on passive :p

100000102-3_gr.jpg

Looks like it comes with a pretty nice assortment of stuff for $50 and it's thermalright so it must be good!

THAT THING IS SICK.... figures thermalright would come out with something amazing like this.... im sure it performes flawlessly.

EDIT:

and on that above picture... wehre is that flattend U shaped heatpipe comming from... is that a ram cooler??!?!??!?

natewildes said:
Somebody with air cooling wanna take one for the team and do a nice little review for us?

i would but i already have a more than adequate cooler on my 7900gt... BUT if i didnt have my VF900-CU i would LOVE to buy one for the team....

Back