• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Ghz Club [Core 2 Duo]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nd4spdbh2 said:
if you get a E6400 @ 5ghz HECK even a board that would be able to run 625fsb i would bow down to you. cus you would have
to be god!

hehe... yepp...:bday:

but the 5ghz club was all about Pentium prosessors.. not C2D.:)

Npvk_x said:
hehe... yepp...:bday:

but the 5ghz club was all about Pentium prosessors.. not C2D.:)

WOWOWOWO i definetly was not awake at 6 22 AM PST this morning.... i didnt quite comprehend what you said... i see that you were IN the p4 5ghz club... not wanting to be in the c2d 5ghz club... wow :bang head

LOL it happens to the best of us.

Please update my listing to include my new E6700 @ 4.65 Ghz (1.85vcore)

4610.JPG

Thanks guys! :bday:

Hey everyone.....been reading the forums for a while now, but this is my first post with my new rig.....finally broke 4Ghz on air!!

Specs

CPU: E6600 L632A120 *Retail*
Motherboard: Asus P5W-DH (stock board cooling except for AS5 on NB/SB)
Memory: 2 x 1GB Corsair PC8500
PowerSupply: OCZ GameXStream 700W
Cooling: Zalman CNPS9500 HSF (booooooo)

Screenie S_PI 1M @ 4004Mhz:
4000mhz666mhz55515.jpg
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=134720

Some of my experiences getting to 4Ghz:
-Had to switch to 4:3 mem divider to get SuperPi to run, even though I know that my memory is capable of the speeds at 1:1 (I run 4:5 usually with the ram running at over 1000Mhz)
-vCore jumps helped out all along the way, 1.65 vCore in BIOS (reading 1.64-1.65 in SpeedFan)
-My load temps hit 69 degrees, which I clearly won't be running at normally, not on this crap Zalman heatsink....but it does the job just fine @ lower vCores

I have to say that this is my first overclocked machine, and I'm pretty ecstatic to have hit 4Ghz! It took a lot of tweaking (most importantly loosening tRFC and tRD timings), but clearly it's been worth it.

Last edited:
monkeyBite said:
Hey everyone.....been reading the forums for a while now, but this is my first post with my new rig.....finally broke 4Ghz on air!!

Specs

CPU: E6600 L632A120 *Retail*
Motherboard: Asus P5W-DH (stock board cooling except for AS5 on NB/SB)
Memory: 2 x 1GB Corsair PC8500
PowerSupply: OCZ GameXStream 700W
Cooling: Zalman CNPS9500 HSF (booooooo)

Screenie S_PI 1M @ 4004Mhz:
4000mhz666mhz55515.jpg
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=134720

Some of my experiences getting to 4Ghz:
-Had to switch to 4:3 mem divider to get SuperPi to run, even though I know that my memory is capable of the speeds at 1:1 (I run 4:5 usually with the ram running at over 1000Mhz)
-vCore jumps helped out all along the way, 1.65 vCore in BIOS (reading 1.64-1.65 in SpeedFan)
-My load temps hit 69 degrees, which I clearly won't be running at normally, not on this crap Zalman heatsink....but it does the job just fine @ lower vCores

I have to say that this is my first overclocked machine, and I'm pretty ecstatic to have hit 4Ghz! It took a lot of tweaking (most importantly loosening tRFC and tRD timings), but clearly it's been worth it.

Welcome to the 4ghz club :beer: :beer: :beer:

as for NB cooling... did you add a fan to the NB or no... because if you didnt and u are running MAX ICH voltage you better add a fan QUICK im sure that think is SCORCHING!

Yeah, I know I need to add a fan to the NB, just been too busy to pick up a 40mm one...don't have any lying around. I had extra fans in the case though (and a little ghetto-rigged) to make sure that air was moving over the NB and the SB. I should have said that along with the AS5 I removed the silly heatsink covers, but that's almost for granted. I was feeling it every once in a while to gauge a rough estimate and it wasn't scorching.

I am also hoping that adding a fan to the NB will allow me to run a little faster 24/7 at lower voltages and temps there.

monkeyBite said:

Yeah, I know I need to add a fan to the NB, just been too busy to pick up a 40mm one...don't have any lying around. I had extra fans in the case though (and a little ghetto-rigged) to make sure that air was moving over the NB and the SB. I should have said that along with the AS5 I removed the silly heatsink covers, but that's almost for granted. I was feeling it every once in a while to gauge a rough estimate and it wasn't scorching.

I am also hoping that adding a fan to the NB will allow me to run a little faster 24/7 at lower voltages and temps there.

you might be able to run at a lil lower voltage if you cool of ur nb temp a lil... From what you are saying about the SB i take that you maxed out the voltage on ur SB to gain more fsb... did this work for you cus it sure did for me... gave me 10-15+ more fsb over my wall @ 430-435fsb

the only real sure fire way to run at lower voltages is better cooling.... and thats even doggy at best. (Ultra 120 ftw :attn:)

kiltz said:
damn all you people putting your vcore up to 1.65+... :O

yes but i only had mine up there for less than 5 min whill i got a SS, cpuz validation, and a cpuz / super PI screenie.... while i had my fans full blast with an ambient temp of right at 58*F :beer:

I was playing with my recent purchase from this from's classifields. E6400 L627A

CPu:E6400 retail, Vcore 1.585v in bios
Mobo: Asus p5b DLX with zalman passive cooler
PSU:Seasonic s12 600w
Memory: Crucial Balisix pc6400 2gb kit
cooling:water but not cooling well right now.

Attachments

• e6400.JPG
    e6400.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 809
Whoa! I'm extremely impressed, 32M stability, and at that, from a E6400. :eek:

Take good care of that chip, its a keeper. :)

Hey everyone.....finally broke 4Ghz on air!!

Specs

CPU: E6600 *Retail*
Motherboard: Gigabyte DQ-6 (+.45 DIMM +.2 FSB +.3 MCH +.1 pci-e 1.7 VCore (bios) 1.65 Vcore (speedfan))
Memory: 2 x 1GB F2-6400PHU2 (4-4-4-12)
PowerSupply: OCZ GameXStream 600W
Cooling: Tuniq Tower

Screen01.JPG

8x500(2)small.JPG

DSC01309small.JPG

Last edited:
LOL this thread has been dead for 3+ weeks... what happened all yall had the bright idea to oc to 4ghz? LOL

AND WOWOWO E6400 @ 4038ghz SUPER PI 32m STABLE... NICE!

oh and welcome to the club! dont you feel special! :beer:

Core 2 Duo - E6400 - 4ghz Bench

---------------------------------------

cpu: E6400 (L627A250)
memory: mushkin extreme DDR2 800 (timings at <auto>) (pn:996522)
cpu cooling: modd'd zalman 9500 (see sig for link)
ambient temps: 15C

max overclock: 4040ghz

-------------------------------------------------------------

spent an hour trying to get past 4040ghz but couldn't figure out what the hold up was.

for some reason, in the first image below, the cpu temp wasn't displayed ... but, for the record, it was idling around 49C at the 4040ghz setting. ambients temps were *cold* ... around 15C ...

here's my best superpi 1meg bench so far:

4039.gif

here's a 32meg superpi result at a bit lower 4ghz setting:

32m.4000.gif

here's the modded air cooling setup i tested with:

mach_internal_powered_on.jpg

and finally ... here's a screeny of my regular 24/7 settings:

3600.gif

still don't know what was holding me back; i tried everything, memory settings, various vcores to MB components, vcore to mem and cpu, ... totally hit a wall after 4040ghz.

i wish i had thought to do the 32 meg superpi but totally gel'd.

<shwew!>

to be honest; i'm glad it's over. :)

for daily work ... i like things just fine at 3.6 (winter *or* summer); but nice to have hit the 4ghz mark as well ... if only for pr0pz.

Last edited:
Back