• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6600 Dry Ice Cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epox4life

I'm going to start this thread now and update it towards the end of the day when I get more results.

Updating*
P9190216.JPG

P9190223.JPG

Last edited:
Sean_Best said:
Ok, question. How much would you say it costs to run a dry ice setup. Initial build? Upkeep? etc.
It's only for benching, you could get a copper container for 100$ or less, and I paid 16$ for 20lbs of dry ice.

Sean_Best said:
Ok, question. How much would you say it costs to run a dry ice setup. Initial build? Upkeep? etc.

A disclaimer....
Dry ice is by no means a 24/7 setup. It is basically a half day strictly benching tool. You basically run dry ice for a day or 2 and then go back to a more 24/7 cooling. Unless you have a bench rig that sits on a table the whole year.

Phase cooling is 24/7. Water Cooling is 24/7. Dry Ice is 1/2 day of usage. LN2 is even shorter than that.

Not to mention both forms of ultra-extreme cooling Dice and LN2 are lethal. They take oxygen out of the air displacing the molecules that support life:) (causing asphyxiation in a small room) and are both extremely dangerous to the eyes and body. These two types of cooling are not for the easy going and non precise/detailed types of people.

Dry Ice and Liquid Nitrogen Setups including motherboard mounts, insulation materials and brazed copper container will typically run you from $100 to $300 for everything. Dice and LN2 or sold at HVAC stores. Dice can be purchased from Ice Cream Supply Distributers as well.

As far as upkeep. Like I stated previously, you really arent going to be using a setup like this for more than day for suicide benching. At least I wouldnt.

Hope this helps.

Running a dry ice setup isn't as hard as you made it sound dominick. I would encourage people with an interest to give it a try.
Theres a sticky in the extreme cooling section to get started.

Epox4life said:
Running a dry ice setup isn't as hard as you made it sound dominick. I would encourage people with an interest to give it a try.
Theres a sticky in the extreme cooling section to get started.
I didnt state it was hard. I stated it was dangerous and not for 24/7 usage. Never did I mention that its a difficult setup. For me, its cost effective and easy to use if I want to suicide run for a 1/2 day. But the OT asked his question on the basis that you can run dry ice every day, 7 days a week. lol

Epox. Get back to benching. Dont waste your time with me. :santa:

I knew about it not being a 24/7 setup, I can get dryice at a local ice cream distributor here, I was just owndering about prices. Thanks guys. And Dominick, how much is a good phase change setup?

Epox,
It looks like the ram may be holding you back. Dont you wish you could just flip on the 10 or 11X multi right about now just to really check out that clock speed?

Back