• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cr4zym0nk3y

LINK

I want this case so badly! Have you guys ever heard of it or have any idea when it's coming out? One of my friends saw prerelease models of them on display in a lanparty last week, and i've been trying to find out information about them ever since. Unfortunately...no luck.:bang head

I'm sorry, but I think it looks terrible. That whole top plastic thing just doesn't work for me. Doesn't look very quiet either.

johan851 said:
I'm sorry, but I think it looks terrible. That whole top plastic thing just doesn't work for me. Doesn't look very quiet either.

The top looks like the armrest top in my pickup truck. Looks like a change holder compartment. Yuck.

RangerXLT8 said:
The top looks like the armrest top in my pickup truck. Looks like a change holder compartment. Yuck.

It's actually a beer holder...JK. The compartment could come in handy for cd cases, paperclips, or whatever. The front of the case is what turns me on the most... the grate and the led fans are awesome :beer:

THe USB, and other plugins on the top are also handy. NO more charging mp3 players on the ground. THey can lie on the compartment on teh top of the case.

johan851 said:

It might not look quiet, but its near silent. The 200 mm fan on the top would help explain that.

It's still an open vent at the top of the case - all of your system noise is going to come out through it.

johan851 said:
It's still an open vent at the top of the case - all of your system noise is going to come out through it.

Yeah, but w/ that big 200mm fan and 120mm fans, less rpm is needed(in comparison to 80mm fans or less) and therefore, the case fans will be quiet. If the hardware's fan's are louder than the case fans, then it'll be loud, but that's usu. not the case unless u have a loud graphics card or HD.

Anyways, a few of my friends actually saw and heard the case, and they confirmed its low amount of noise.

Oh, I know how RPMs and noise works. :)

You and I are on different levels of noise tolerance, I believe. That doesn't look to me like a case that lends itself to a very low noise floor. Still, a 200mm fan is a cool thing. I only hope that the one that comes with the case doesn't suck, because it would be a bit of a hassle to replace it.

johan851 said:
Oh, I know how RPMs and noise works. :)

You and I are on different levels of noise tolerance, I believe. That doesn't look to me like a case that lends itself to a very low noise floor. Still, a 200mm fan is a cool thing. I only hope that the one that comes with the case doesn't suck, because it would be a bit of a hassle to replace it.

I see wut ur saying. and yeah, antec hopefully will put decent 200mm fans in their 900 model. If not then...:mad:
If you guys have any more info on this case, that'll be awesome. I'll be on the lookout until then

I saw the unveiling of this case as well at Lanfest. I could not hear the case running without putting my ear next to the case. However, the lanfest was quite loud with half naked men yelling ocz so it wasn't too accurate a test. The retail price was set at $150, which in my opinion isn't too expensive. There was also a fan mount on the side window (yes there is a side window which you cannot see in crazy's post). Overall, I think the case is pretty nice for the price if the materials are of high quality (gotta trust Antec on this one).

I could not hear the case running without putting my ear next to the case.
The real test is the ability to tell whether or not it's on in a closed room at midnight. I wish I could pass that test...I can when the window's open!

Back