• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #40

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 40th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Seven

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
I've really lost track of when I began folding, but I believe it was around June 2004 during WWIII.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
Well I have been quite busy with my schoolwork and AP Computer Science A, but I believe most team members would be interested to know about my work on the F@H Dictionary.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
Los Angeles, California

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I heard about F@H through Tech TV's The Screen Savers, and came here to check it out.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
I started to fold initially for fun, to see how hard I could push my computer back when it was at the bleeding edge. I have since decided that Folding is important to me because of all those sitting in hospital beds with a terminal illness that the Folding@Home project may cure some day.

What do you do for a living?
I am currently a high-school student.

What do you do for fun?
I enjoy driving, snowboarding, watching movies and hanging out with friends.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
When I'm not doing schoolwork or browsing the forums, I'm usually playing World of Warcraft as a 60 Priest on Frostmane.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
My main folding rig is more of a blast from the past (relatively). As an upgraded Vaio, it packs quite a punch with a Radeon 9800 Pro. It has to be my favorite rig because it is what really got me started with computers, and has undergone about 3 or 4 years with me. I mainly use the rig for games and web browsing.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
Nope, but I plan to expand my folding production significantly over the summer.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
I am currently working on a community service project at my school called CompuCare, which takes donated computers, refurbishes them, and then donates them to underprivileged families with children who would then use the computer for schoolwork. I intend to accomplish my goal of being a leader in the world, in some form. I plan to make a career out of computer science, but I also possess an affinity for the buisiness world.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I would like to thank Team 32 for being the most suportive group of people I have ever encountered online, in addition to being great people overall. Keep on folding!

Great work Seven ... keep it up and i am sure you will meet your goals :thup:

And it is great to be folding with you for the cause and T32 :)

Great to meet you Seven! :thup:

harlam_santa.gif

Back