• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #36

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 36th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!!

p.s. sorry I almost miss this week's spotlight! 'cos I'm out of town, down in Greenville/Spartanburg, South Carolina right now (but not partying with this week's spotlight member tho...) and having a busy week this week.... anyway.....

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

khiloa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
I've been around this community for a while, I first ran across it on IRC, and was active on there for quite a while before I joined the forums, and even then I wasn't very active until early last summer and started folding sometime around that time.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow team members to know about, what would it be?
I can't really think of anything. :-/

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC Stats: khiloa

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
Florence, South Carolina, which is a little over an hour west of Myrtle Beach, and about the same distance East of Columbia.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
Originally on IRC, and then found out what it was all about by reading the stickies and such here on the forums.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
For all the reasons: support the cause (my grandfather died from cancer) and the points (even if I don't have many :p).

What do you do for a living?
Right now, I'm just a student.

What do you do for fun?
Computers (duh), amateur radio, spend time in the outdoors, music (I play the violin).

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
I really love the ham radio stuff, it is great fun to talk to somebody in Australia or Japan or German with just your radio and a simple wire antenna. My callsign is KI4GFH.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
I know it is sad, but my main rig is only a celeron with a crap mobo..:( I use it for everything and it runs Gentoo Linux.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
No, not yet, only in my dreams. ;)

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
I would like to get a career in some type of communications, probably something radio related.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I want to take the chance to thank this great community for all it has given me and always keeping me entertained and informed. :D

- Greg

Great to learn a little bit more about ya khiloa! BTW, I was happy to see you back on here the other day, don't be such a stranger:p
And as always, great interview LS.

Great to meet you khiloa! :thup:

harlam_santa.gif

It is good to meet you Greg :)

Being a student does limit ones ability to acquire heavy duty rigs, but I am sure that will change.

I doubt i could have afforded a pc back when i was a student ... :eek: ... pc's hadn't been invented yet! ... mainframes were just getting virtual storage then.

Good luck with the radio career .... there are certainly lots of new tech opportunities there i am sure.

Fold On

:beer: :beer:

It's nice to meet you, Greg! I remember when I was in high school trying to look into ham radio, but morse code just blew me away.

Fold on, Bro! :attn:

Now we know the man behind the mask, Creg.

Amature radio, very intersting.

Back